It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• pain after brostrom repair

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-16-2004, 04:22 AM   #1
    brittsmom8
    (female)

brittsmom8 HB User
    pain after brostrom repair

Hi,
    I had a Brostrom repair on May 3rd. (The 2nd surgery done on this ankle to repair ligament damage). I'm in my walking cast and have been for the past 2 weeks. I have one week to go before I get this cast off and go to an aircast. This time I'm having some sharp pains in my ankle where the surgery took place (it was my ATFL that was repaired this time). My ankle also hurts up the lateral side of my ankle up my leg a little bit. It has taken me by surprise, really. The pain doesn't last too long just kind of takes my breath away. I went through the same after surgery treatment last year and I never had any pain once they put the casts on. I was in a regular cast for 3 weeks and then a walking cast for 3 weeks and then an aircast for 3 weeks. The pain almost feels like it did before the surgery, but I don't want to jump to any conclusions. I am getting a little scared though. My appointment is set for next Thursday so I'm probably not going to make a special appointment or anything. Is this just "healing" pains?
    Thanks to all the "ankle" people for helping me out.
    Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2004, 05:24 AM   #2
    eko
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

eko HB Usereko HB User
    Re: pain after brostrom repair

Karen, I had my Brostrom in August 2003, it is getting hard to remember all the pains I had. Could some of the pain you are feeling be nerve regeneration? I seem to remember what I'd call sudden "pings" or "zaps" during my recovery. Since you had a slightly different repair this time, it may feel different as you recover. I would mention it to your Dr. at your next appt, which isn't too far away. I hope that all else is going well for you. Let us know what your Dr. says. Take it easy. -eko

Closed Thread