It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Anyone had this after bunion/hammertoe surgery?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-17-2004, 01:20 PM   #1
    cuvanni
    (female)

cuvanni HB User
    Anyone had this after bunion/hammertoe surgery?

On 5/13 I had a bunion osteotomy and hammertoe surgery. I was NWB for 6 weeks. I have been in PT for 4 weeks learning to walk again. At first I was in a wheelchair, then a walker, then crutches and now I am down to one crutch. In the past week I have noticed under my foot, on the inside where the heel meets the arch, a tight painful band and and a lump. The Physical Therapist said it has to do with my plantar tendon (?). I notice it more after sleeping and also when I sit for a while. Has anyone had this after surgery? I have an appt next week to ask the doctor. This has been such a long recovery.....Any information would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2004, 02:01 PM   #2
    rileyroe
    (female)

rileyroe HB User
    Re: Anyone had this after bunion/hammertoe surgery?

what exactly does it feel like?????

Old 08-17-2004, 05:48 PM   #3
    cuvanni
    (female)

cuvanni HB User

In the morning or after sitting for a while when I step down it feels like the bottom of my arch is very tight and is painful. Once I walk a little it seems to loosen up some. The lump feels like a grape underneath my skin. If I push hard on it, it hurts.

Old 08-17-2004, 07:54 PM   #4
    rileyroe
    (female)

rileyroe HB User

I have the same feeling when I get up in the morning, only I don't have the lump. My doctor told me he thinks the soreness I am still having is caused by the "permanent" screws in each foot...but I don't know that I am convienced of that. Let me know what else you find out!

Closed Thread