It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• akin bunionectomy, recovery and exercise

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-02-2004, 08:11 AM   #1
    vbettencourt
    (female)

vbettencourt HB User
    akin bunionectomy, recovery and exercise

i am scheduled for an akin bunionectomy in january.

i am very active and hate the idea of not being able to exercise. in general i feel the need to get some good exercise almost every day.

currently i swim almost every day. i also love yoga, but any kind of exercise is welcome.

do you know how soon i will be able to return to swimming or other forms of exercise after the procedure?

thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2004, 10:04 AM   #2
    verylongday

verylongday HB User
    Re: akin bunionectomy, recovery and exercise

I had my bunionectomy (right foot only, with permanent screws) on November 2. Was given the go ahead yesterday to resume very low-impact exercise (yoga, elliptical trainer, stationary bike, swimming. . . ) I can resume dance classes in January (if all goes well, I am currently doing physical therapy to help improve my range of motion).

I thought i would be itching to exercise during that time "off" -- but I didnt, as any time I unelevated my foot it became very uncomfortable.

good luck!

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Recovery post bilateral Akin, Weil, and hammertoe correction Reba01 Foot & Ankle Problems 0 04-20-2010 05:55 PM
    3 Days out Chevron Akin Not Bad 2toe Foot & Ankle Problems 5 11-10-2009 08:06 AM
    Austin/Akin Bunionectomy with Second Metatarsal shortening - still pain Chubstercat Foot & Ankle Problems 3 02-17-2009 06:28 AM
    Austin/Akin Bunionectomy w/shortening of 2nd metatarsal Chubstercat Foot & Ankle Problems 3 02-20-2008 10:48 AM
    How long until feet are normal after bunionectomy? bubbles1967 Foot & Ankle Problems 3 01-04-2007 06:49 AM
    No Pain. Procedure: closing base wedge osteotomy with McBride bunionectomy Cyclist Foot & Ankle Problems 16 04-01-2005 12:49 PM
    Mann/Akin bunionectomy scheduled have ?? mariposa01 Foot & Ankle Problems 4 04-30-2004 07:54 PM
    Newbie...help Bunionectomy REMO Foot & Ankle Problems 6 03-15-2004 04:23 PM
    Bunionectomy post op expectations. Ally073 Foot & Ankle Problems 9 03-02-2004 03:52 PM