It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Leg Cast

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-12-2005, 06:28 PM   #1
    Shawn7240
    (male)

Shawn7240 HB User
    Leg Cast

Hello all,
    i was just wondering if anybody here has ever been put into a full leg cast for an ankle problem.
    I been haveing some problems with my ankle and the dr. sugessted a full leg cast to stablize my ankle plus my knee.
    i thought that sounded a little much. but im not a dr
    with a full leg cast i would think that there isnt much you could do.
    With crutches and everything i guess i would have to be off work, wouldnt be able tto drive. coulndt go with my wife to get groceries or anything. im thinking this wont be a fun 6 weeks.
    the dr said that mostly guys is all that end up in a full leg cast, why would that be i wouldnt think it would matter much between a girl or a guy.
    thanks
    just wondering

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2005, 06:47 PM   #2
    frustrated35
    Inactive
    (female)

frustrated35 HB User
    Re: Leg Cast

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shawn7240
    Hello all,
    i was just wondering if anybody here has ever been put into a full leg cast for an ankle problem.
    I been haveing some problems with my ankle and the dr. sugessted a full leg cast to stablize my ankle plus my knee.
    i thought that sounded a little much. but im not a dr
    with a full leg cast i would think that there isnt much you could do.
    With crutches and everything i guess i would have to be off work, wouldnt be able tto drive. coulndt go with my wife to get groceries or anything. im thinking this wont be a fun 6 weeks.
    the dr said that mostly guys is all that end up in a full leg cast, why would that be i wouldnt think it would matter much between a girl or a guy.
    thanks
    just wondering
    WOW! What's wrong with your ankle?

I had a small tear in my achilles tendon and was put in one of those orthopedic boots. The boot did come up to my knee, but didn't stablize the knee. I thought that was bad! I was on crutches for a few weeks, but it was my left leg so I was able to drive and get around somewhat. And I could still work. I wasn't quick moving and could take the thing off. A cast doesn't come off until they cut it off. You must have hurt it bad......I'm sure your wife will help you out, right?

Closed Thread