It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• overcorrected bunionectomy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-29-2006, 08:25 PM   #1
    daceyh

daceyh HB User
    overcorrected bunionectomy

6 yrs ago I had a bunionectomy on the great toe of my left foot by a very highly recommended podiatrist. Ever since, the toe has been at an angle off to the rt. There is a large V between the 2 toes. Due to extreme pain in my arch, I went to a new podiatrist 3 years ago who said the pain was due to the fact that the overcorrected toe was not holding the arch ligament in place, therefore causing it to cramp. He performed surgery on the toe to bring it back into the correct position, and while it is straighter, I still have a pretty good sized V between the 2 toes. I feel like I am walking around with a grappling hook on my left foot as my toe seems to catch every cord in it's path! Once again, the pain in my arch has become sometimes unbearable. There is a shooting pain at the sight of the original bunion that radiates down my arch sometimes as often as every 30 seconds at night. When I am in shoes and the toes are together, the pain is better, but when in barefeet...like when sleeping it can be unbearable. Taping the toes together helps, but I am looking for something more permanent. Both surgeries took place in 2 different cities...I am now living in a 3rd city....any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread