It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• sprained ankle

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-06-2006, 05:40 AM   #1
    Unknown3r

Unknown3r HB User
    sprained ankle

So, I sprained my ankle on the 23/01/06 (monday) while playing basketball, I jumped down and it sprained. Anyhow i continued playing basketball, and I never applied any ice too it after training or days after. Anyways on friday (4 days later) i had soccer training, and i started to feel pain when i kicked a soccer ball. I thought the ankle problem was nothing too serious as heaps of people sprain ankles. Anyways I then had a soccer game or training on the Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and then Sunday was my final hitout before i knew something was wrong. I started applying ice after the last friday training and on saturday i applied ice and when i came to the game, i felt better but after the game it wasnt so good. Since then Ive put ice each day after the sunday game for 2-3 days.

My pain wasnt that bad whilst running BUT whenever i kicked a ball with my left foot, it would shoot out with pain. Now its been a week and afew days since i stopped running, I feel my ankle is feeling much better HOWEVER it doesnt seem to be 100%. When I rotate it hard enough, I still feel some pain (4/10 painful). My question is how long will it take for a full recovery OR have i totally ****ed it up and its a chronic issue now? What can i do too make it feel better. Thank you for your time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2006, 12:36 PM   #2
    kehorner
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User
    Re: sprained ankle

Ankle sprains take several weeks to heal (even mild ones). You should really take some time off from sports (at least kicking and stuff) for at least a week or two to rest the ankle. It sounds like you should be okay if you take the time off now to let it heal. Just remember that even though you "can" play through the pain, it doesn't mean that you should. Take some time off, get healed up, then you'll be good to go.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:01 AM   #3
    Unknown3r

Unknown3r HB User
    Re: sprained ankle

ok guys, Ive come back to tell you the latest. I havnet run for 2 and a half weeks now, how much longer should i rest it? Will 2.5 more weeks be enough? cheers

Closed Thread