It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• burning swollen toes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-03-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
    Mr Magic
    (male)

Mr Magic HB User
    burning swollen toes

Any information will help.
    My Wife has recently been aflicted with a burning sensation in her "bones". It is most common in the 2nd & third digits in her feet. These toes swell to about twice their normal size. This can last for days and sporatically the pain will move to legs, arms and back. The Dr. at the clinic ran a series of blood tests(?) Sorry, don't know which ones and also x-rayed the feet. All negative. Her outbreaks come and go so we have been monitering her diet. She has no symtoms now but is not eating eggs. Could we have found the problem?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2007, 04:59 PM   #2
    B143C
    Veteran
    (female)

B143C HB User
    Re: burning swollen toes

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post
    Any information will help.
    My Wife has recently been aflicted with a burning sensation in her "bones". It is most common in the 2nd & third digits in her feet. These toes swell to about twice their normal size. This can last for days and sporatically the pain will move to legs, arms and back. The Dr. at the clinic ran a series of blood tests(?) Sorry, don't know which ones and also x-rayed the feet. All negative. Her outbreaks come and go so we have been monitering her diet. She has no symtoms now but is not eating eggs. Could we have found the problem?

Old 03-03-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
    B143C
    Veteran
    (female)

B143C HB User
    Re: burning swollen toes

You know, it could be nerve related. There is something called morton's neuroma - most common in the third and fourth digits - it causes burning. I have it and it causes swelling in my fourth toe. I even have some decreased movement there. I've learned on the board that it can also cause pain up the legs and foot since it is a nerve and nerve signals travel everywhere. I've had pain all over too, from having to walk funny to keep from hitting the hurt spots.

This is most likely something that's not a big deal - everyone has foot probelms at some point and time - consider how much we use them! The other stuff could even be related to anxiety and stress. A good anti-inflammatory like aleve or advil might help. Look up neuroma on a search engine. See if any of it seems similar for her. Good luck! Just keep up those visits and don't worry. Everything will work out.

God bless!

Last edited by B143C; 03-03-2007 at 05:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Closed Thread