It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• laterizing calcaneal ostcotomy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
    heidi35
    (female)

heidi35 HB User
    laterizing calcaneal ostcotomy

I am having this surgery on June 15 along with a brostrum repair. I was just wondering if anyone has had the calcaneal ostcotomy and how your recovery was. I had previous surgery on my peroneal tendon and was wondering if this surgery is going to be worse.
    Thanks for any input,
    Heidi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2007, 06:54 PM   #2
    tchr4u
    (female)

tchr4u HB User
    Re: laterizing calcaneal ostcotomy

Check out post tib tendon surgery! Lots of posts with lots of advice. I have had the calcaneal osteotomy, 3 weeks post op., and have posted on there along with many others. Ask any questions... We are here to help!

Old 05-13-2007, 05:39 PM   #3
    debincalif
    (female)

debincalif HB Userdebincalif HB User

Is this the same as lateral column lengthening? That's what I had done (also known as the Evans calcaneal osteotomy).

The Bromsom (sp?) procedure I'm not familiar with, sorry.

I had the osteotomy along with PTT repair & FDL tendon transfer... I'm 8 weeks post op, still non weight bearing. I go to the doc on Friday and I'm hoping to start putting some weight on the foot after I see him.

Good luck,
    Deb

Old 05-13-2007, 06:35 PM   #4
    heidi35
    (female)

heidi35 HB User

I am not sure if it is the same thing. The Dr. Wants to move my heel so my ankle doesnt go to the one side . I guess that is part of the reason i have so many problems with the tendons and ligaments.
    I had a previous surgery last Aug. to repair a tendon and some ligaments, this didnt work and has left me in more pain than before the surgery,went to new Dr. and he said this should do the trick.
    He will also do a brostom harper repair which I think (only because this is what we talked about at his office ) is piggy backing my bad tendon to the other one.
    I only have the technical names because i got them off a sheet he gave me to give to my primary DR.!
    Good luck to you, I know how wierd but good it feels to get your cast off and take those first step.
    Did you have to stay the night in the hospital? I have 3 children 11, 9 and 4 so I am hoping not. I wouldn't mind as much but it is my 11 year old daughters first real school dance the night of my surgery. I know I cant go but would like to at least see her in her dress. I have my mother in law all lined up to help her get ready!!
    Thanks Heidi

Closed Thread