It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• dark spot on toenail?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-04-2007, 08:01 AM   #1
    myboysmom
    (female)

myboysmom HB User
    Unhappy dark spot on toenail?

Hello all! I really need some advice. I am scared as to what this might be! I have had a toenail fungus in 3 toes on my right foot for years. Well recently probably about a month ago I started using vinegar followed by tea tree oil on the nails. This seems to be working great. The new growth of the nails look clear. Before I started this my 2 little toes had tiny dark spots on the tips near the sides but this went completely away about a week after starting treatment. Well yesterday I was pushing back cuticle on one of my little toes and there is a tiny spot. It is dark but really tiny. It runs across not lengthwise. It really looks like when you have a splinter under you skin but its in the nail. It's very tiny but I just don't know what this is. It does not look like it extends all the way back under my cuticle if that makes any since just a spot. It is almost like a brown color I guess not a super dark black. I am so afraid of this. I am only 31 years old and I am caucasion if that matters. No history of health problems other than the fungus. No family history of cancer. Please someone help me before I worry myself sick. I did schedule an appointment with my doctor but I could not get in for 2 weeks. Also I have been messing with these nails alot trying to push back overgrown cuticle that was due to the fungus so I'm sure I probably irritated them some what. I have been using a toothpick to clean under the nail and aroun cuticle. When I look closely under a microscope it looks there is a teeny tiny hole in it . Now I may have done this when I was trying to figure out what this was because I picked at it alot. Please someone help me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2007, 06:13 PM   #2
    myboysmom
    (female)

myboysmom HB User
    Re: dark spot on toenail?

Can Someone Please Help?

Closed Thread