It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Foot pain since January

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-06-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
    altsax2003
    (male)

altsax2003 HB User
    Foot pain since January

Hi Everyone, I am new to this board and was referred here by another member. Any advice, help, or anything else you can give me would be greatly appreciated since this has been going on for so long. I am sorry that this is so long and may not make complete sense because I copy and pasted it from where I had typed it before to save from typing.

In January my foot started hurting pretty bad. I was limping and everything. I went to the Doctor and they sent me for an x-ray and it showed nothing. So they sent me to Podiatrist. He sent me for an x-ray and nothing showed. He sent me for another x-ray and nothing showed. Well then he sent me for an MRI and it showed a stress fracture on the 2nd metatarsal.

All of this happened from February through April. I forgot to mention though that about 3 weeks after it started hurting so much I noticed a red sore appeared on the top of my foot, right above where it was hurting. It scabbed over and the scab fell off about a week later (this is like beg-mid february) well I can still see where the sore was. Also, the pain went down by quite a bit. I could walk without limping but it still hurt to move my toes. I told the Podiatrist and he said that was a little unusual but that it was probably just a blood clot the burst and came to the top.

Well when the MRI showed a stress fracture he put me in an Cam Walker boot and now I have been in it for 4 weeks. Also, the other day I had another one of those red sores appear. I go back to the doc on tuesday.

I went to the Doctor today and had x-rays done yesterday afternoon. The x-rays show no sign of a stress fracture or of callus formation. My foot has been hurting more the past couple of days though. He has sending me for a bone scan so hopefully that will come up with some answers if not then I am not sure what to do.

He told me there was no need to continue wearing the boot since the x-rays look normal. I am not really an active person. The most walking I get is at work walking from my desk to the copier and back. I am not sure how I could have even gotten a stress fracture. Hopefully everything will work out ok.

Well, I have now been without the boot for 4 days and the pain is still the same. It hurts from about the middle of the bottom of my foot all the way through the toes and to the top of the foot. It also hurts at the very bottom of my heel sometimes as well. It only hurts when moving my toes or when I walk(if I walk without bending my toes it only hurts a little). It feels more like a pain in the muscle though and not in the bones(on the bottom of my foot).

Also, the doc gave me some antibiotic cream for folliculitis (that is what he said the red spots on the top of my foot are) but it doesn't seem to be making a difference.

Well I went to the doc today to get the results of the bone scan and it said there was either bone bruise or healing fracture on the distal 2nd metatarsal head (basically the same thing the MRI said back in early April) so I am to wear the boot another 2 weeks and get an x-ray. He said it is very odd that it is taking this long to heal. He also said that if there is no callus formation on this next x-ray, we will see about getting a bone stimulator.

That was about a week ago.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread