It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

Decision dilemma

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2007, 09:22 AM   #1
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 76
tootsie:) HB User
Decision dilemma

Hi all-I had bunion surgery 7 months ago and am still having some difficulty. I saw my family dr. about it recently and it is his opinion that there is a problem with the end of my toe from the IP joint to the tip as it sticks up whereas it should lay flat and that this could be what's causing my discomfort. He also said there was a possibility that if scar tissue was causing this "deformity", as he put it, that more surgery might be neccessary. I then notified my surgeon about this and his thoughts were that surgery regarding scar tissue is rare. I will be seeking a third opinion soon. My questions are: Has anyone had a similar experience (and especially with this particular joint/part of the toe) following bunion surgery? Did the problem resolve on it's own? If so, how long did it take? If surgery was involved, how long were you out of commission? Tomorrow I have to decide whether or not I am going to commit to a 6 month educational program which will involve a good deal of very physical practicum work. I am just worried that if I end up needing some kind of surgical intervention, that maybe I should postpone the idea of school for now. It's a really tough call. Any input would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 09-09-2007, 12:08 PM   #2
debbie g
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: highland park, il 60035
Posts: 2,484
debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User
Re: Decision dilemma

how much discomfort are you in? i would see the surgeon and then get another opinion. scar tissue is so hard to get rid of. see what the new dr says.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Need help with biopsy decision! pw1958 Lupus 7 01-18-2010 08:24 AM
A real, first-time dilemma for me ... canscribe Sexual Health - General 7 03-31-2008 02:16 PM
Must go 5months clean by court decision newarkde Addiction & Recovery 6 02-04-2008 01:47 PM
Dilemma on choosing a surgeon in NYC IPExpert Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery 1 09-01-2005 11:01 PM
Life-changing decision - Pls help pinkmonkey Relationship Health 5 01-11-2005 06:21 AM
Dilemma, where are you? Worried! Charlyssa Eating Disorder Recovery 5 11-18-2004 03:45 PM
The Lipitor Dilemma SafetyJ2006 High Cholesterol 29 06-08-2004 02:53 AM
Desperate Dilemma SeekingSanity Relationship Health 17 04-30-2004 01:26 PM
Dilemma... Strive to define Exercise & Fitness 2 03-06-2003 06:22 PM
Extreme Dilemma Agent Gold Exercise & Fitness 1 05-18-2002 07:44 AM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:08 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!