It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Possible Peroneal Subluxation/Tendon Tear

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-02-2002, 09:33 AM   #1
    nimrod44

nimrod44 HB User
    Exclamation Possible Peroneal Subluxation/Tendon Tear

I've had problems with my right foot for years. Tons of popping and snapping every day. I finally decided to get it checked a while back, and have been told that I just had some sprains (which is true, i've sprained it about a million times) Conservative treatment isnt working right now.

I was referred to a therapist and started stuff like ultrasound, electrical stimulation and isokinetic strengthening. One of the therapists heard the popping and they changed the diagnosis to a possibe subluxation of the peronal tendon with like a possible tear of another tendon.

I looked up some stuff about it on the internet and found a few cases of this rare injury and everything I read is IDENTICAL to my situation. I'm being told to buy orthotics for my shoes now (spenco firm) to try to help the tendon to heal. I read a guy's case where he was given all of the same treatment and he still had to get this surgery which sounds brutal and is freaking me out now. (I probably shouldnt have looked it up)

Has anybody had this problem and or surgery that can give me any information?

Thanks,
    Joe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2002, 11:24 AM   #2
    katkat
    Inactive
    (female)

katkat HB User
    i haven't had that particular problem but i've had other feet problems and its the same. they want to try everything under the sun before trying surgery. and the worst thing is......i probably shouldn't tell you this, but the worst thing is when you do have surgery 45% walk, or in this case hobble away with other problems. so if you can heal it without surgery do give it a good try.
    good luck
    kat....p.s. i'd get a second opinion from a ortheopedic surgeon who specializes in feet.

Closed Thread