It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• bromelain as anti-inflammatory

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-28-2002, 11:09 AM   #1
    goodluck

goodluck HB User
    Post bromelain as anti-inflammatory

Does anyone had success treating inflammation with Bromelain ? How long do one has to take it and what dosage?
    I have inflammation in the ball of the foot and I've been taking Bromelain 1000 mg for the past 3 weeks. When I use a cusion it feels better but few days ago I tried walking without the cusion and after 30 minutes the pain started to come back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2002, 09:21 PM   #2
    berto

berto HB User
    I actually started bromelain (per my podiatrist) approx 6 mos. ago. Have been taking 4 / 500mg capsules a day. Why I stay with it - I don't know---can't really say it helps that I can see

Old 11-07-2002, 06:57 AM   #3
    goodluck

goodluck HB User
    Thumbs up

O.K, I have better news this time. I did some more research on Bromelain and I found out that if you take it for anti-inflammatory purpose (as oppose to enzyme) you suppose to take it at least 1 hour before meal or 2 hours after meal. This is THE TRICK ! When I started to take it I took it with food. There was some improvement but not enough to resolve the pain. After I changed to ‘between meals’ I can see the difference. I know it is not a scientific study and my doctor might argue that time heals but I do encourage everybody to try Bromelain before taking cortisone. Anyone with heart palpitation problem or high blood pressure should be careful/monitored while taking Bromelain. Also, I want to warn you that it might be difficult on the stomach. I personally could not tolerate more than 1000 mg/day.

In my research for alternative I also discovered a homeopathic anti-inflammatory ointment/gel/drop/tablets called Traumeel. If I ever need to deal with inflammation again I will give it a try.

Old 11-07-2002, 08:22 PM   #4
    berto

berto HB User
    Yes I take between meals as my doc & you suggest - has done nothing though. Twas worth a try

Old 11-08-2002, 05:51 AM   #5
    goodluck

goodluck HB User
    Berto,

What is your next step ? Why don't you try Traumeel for about 2 weeks and see if it helps.

Old 11-10-2002, 06:50 AM   #6
    berto

berto HB User
    Hey---thanks I will try it----read up on it-- has arnica etc.... supposed to be good.

Walking on my hands is probably the next step (chuckle, chuckle....)--- not really; but that is how I feel @ times.

Be good - thanks

Closed Thread