It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• suggestion when you do second bunionectomy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-20-2003, 10:00 AM   #1
    paininthefoot
    Inactive

paininthefoot HB User
    Post suggestion when you do second bunionectomy

Hi everyone!

When I had my second bunionectomy four months after my first, I did not have good rotation in my first foot and was doing a lot of exercises and some therapy. When the doctor operated on my second one (left foot) he put a cortisone shot in my right foot to break up the tissue. (luckily I didn't feel it)Yesterday, two weeks later, I have almost full rotation and can put on old shoes on that foot. Yesterday there were times I didn't even know I had surgery on that toe. AMAZING!!! Before that, I could only wear big tennis shoes and these sandals with velcro. I don't know if it was the shot or it was just a coincidence, but it's something to talk to your doctor about if you're having that problem. I will be in a cast for another 4 weeks on my left foot. At least now I can really feel the results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2003, 07:45 PM   #2
    Eagle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User
    Thanks for caring about us and giving that advice.

Hope you continue to do well.

Closed Thread