It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Possible broken ankle tendon graft

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-07-2007, 04:44 AM   #1
    HowieMel
    (male)

HowieMel HB User
    Possible broken ankle tendon graft

In 2002 I had surgery to correct broken ankle ligaments. I had sprained my ankle severeley a number of times and been left with a permanently loose ankle. I had surgery which fixed outside ligaments of the ankle using I think a tendon graft from the Peroneus Brevis, this has held my ankle for the past five years. Two weeks ago I fell over a cat and badly sprained the same ankle. It swelled for a couple of days but seemed ok after a week apart from some lumpy areas around the area of the scare from the operation. Doing Yoga this morning I realised in one of the sitting poses that the ankle was laterally coming out of the socket again as it had in 2002.

Put simply my question is:

Is is possible to have any more surgery or phisiotherapy on this injury when it appears that I have broken the tendon graft that fixed the earlier problem?

I am of course worried about the potential for future falls, arthritis etc.

I am an atheletic male in his late 20s in good general health.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread