It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• 2 weeks post-bunionectomy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-26-2008, 03:14 AM   #16
    Dark_Light
    (female)

Dark_Light HB User
    Re: 2 weeks post-bunionectomy

Thank you RunnerMac and Armykat!

You know what, I am going to both- 1000, 20 secs, divided into four sessions instead of two! I am going to work hard at this!

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #17
    armykat
    (female)

armykat HB User

So I figured I'd give a little update. I am one month post-op from my bunionectomy and finally feeling hopeful! The past three days were absolutely awful, with lots of pain (might be due to the rainy weather). But today was great; I fit comfortably into my old sneakers and had very little pain all day. Also, flexibility has been great. On other days I have had the pains that people have been discussing in other posts -- a dull ache in the tip of the toe, as well as inconsistent sharp pains where the bunion was. I'm upset that a lot of my toe is still numb, so I'm just hoping that that gets better at some point. I've been doing the ROM exercises 3-4 times per day, and really appreciate all the suggestions you've given me. I'm not exactly where I want to be, but I'm getting closer. Other than that, I'm still elevating most of the day (I essentially have a desk job) and icing when I'm alone in my office. I wear the compression sock most of the day, and that has definitely helped. The surgi-strips are finally peeling off, and the scar underneath is hideous! I'm glad to cover it with the sock! I go for my follow up xrays on Saturday, then my follow up appointment is on Wednesday. I'll feel so much better if the doc says that things are progressing as expected.

And that's my not-so-little update.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:15 PM   #18
    debbie g
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

so glad for you armykat. i know recovery is a long time.

Old 04-04-2008, 03:00 PM   #19
    armykat
    (female)

armykat HB User

Thank you, teddie and debbie. I actually feel -- dare I say -- good today! The first time that I walked around a bit without actually paying attention to the fact that I was walking. Does that make sense? In any case, the plan now has to be not to overdo it. So tempting as I read about others going back to the gym. But I'm going to keep taking it s..l..o...w.

I hope we all continue to feel good in the next few weeks.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:00 PM   #20
    debbie g
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

i know exactly how you feel! dont question feeling good. please dont go to the gym if you are not supposed to.

Closed Thread