It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• had fusion on big toe 9/9 (accidently put full weight on it)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-14-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
    stitcher8
    (female)

stitcher8 HB User
    had fusion on big toe 9/9 (accidently put full weight on it)

I had my surgery at 2 pm on the 9th. Ended up staying overnight due to nausea. I think they gave me too much anesthesia. I could hear people, but don't remember seeing anyone until 9 pm when my husband told me he was going home. If I tried to open my eyes or they moved me, I felt sick. NOT GOOD. Last night 9/13, I went to a birthday part and slipped on wet concrete and (without thinking) put my foot down to catch myself. It didn't seem to cause anymore pain. What do you think the chances are that I messed it up? It is still feeling pretty good today. So I am hoping everything is good. My doc is out of town this week and I see him again on the 22nd.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
    badfeet51
    (female)

badfeet51 HB User
    Re: had fusion on big toe 9/9 (accidently put full weight on it)

stitcher I am not sure what to tell you. I only walk to the bathroom late during the night one night a week or two after one of my surgeries and the doc insisted that it caused it to mess up. Call the doc who is on call for your doc. They always have a fill in. My guess is that it is ok. I think they are stronger than we think. Good luck

Old 09-15-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
    debbie g
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

i feel so bad stitcher. i think everything will be fine. i would call the dr just in case. we all seem to do things like this!

Old 09-15-2008, 06:46 PM   #4
    stitcher8
    (female)

stitcher8 HB User

That's it! I'm staying in bed! I just did it again tonight. This time I was coming down a few steps and my heal didn't clear the step before I set my foot down and I ended up bending the toe towards me. OUCH! So I will be taking the percocet again tonight.

Thanks for your replies though. It didn't seem to hurt it the first time. I guess time will tell this time around. I am just an accident waiting to happen. Always have been. Always will be I guess. I just need to pay more attention.

I will call the doc if it starts bothering me more or swelling!

Old 09-16-2008, 05:20 AM   #5
    chocolatemutt
    (female)

chocolatemutt HB User

Hi,
    I had surgery on September 4th. I lost balance on my crutches and fell on Sept. 6th. I immediately called the doctor and they saw me last Wed on the 10th. Luckily I didn't do any damage but it did indeed hurt terribly. But looking back at it, the best thing about falling was getting that part over with. I was so afraid that I was going to fall (before I actually fell) that now I have better balance on my crutches and more confidence.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:56 PM   #6
    debbie g
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

oh stitcher i know this is not funny, but i have to laugh. lst nite i got up from bed and walked into a wall with my forehead and bad toe. it was 4 in the morning and i was going to the bathroom.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #7
    stitcher8
    (female)

stitcher8 HB User

Okay, so I haven't done anything like that! I don't seem to have any long lasting pain. It starts when I am up and around more. But that is to be expected I guess. Other than that, it doesn't feel too bad. I figure if I don't see blood coming through the bandages, I should be okay. I only have to get through the weekend. Maybe I should stay inside just to be safe! Although a trip to church this weekend couldn't hurt I guess!

Thanks for all the replies.

Closed Thread