It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Peroneal Tendon Subluxation..Both ankles!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-10-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
    a1234567
    (female)

a1234567 HB User
    Peroneal Tendon Subluxation..Both ankles!

Hey,

This past July I had groove deepening ankle surgery for my right foot's peroneal tendon subluxation. I am still recovering, five months later, and as my right foot heals, the left gets worse! I am feeling a lot of similar pain and weakness along those tendons and am wondering if it came from all the stress put upon my left foot when my right was so screwed up. Has anyone ever had subluxation in both of their ankles? Has anyone had surgery on both? I'm really hoping I do not need another surgery but I'm being realistic here..I do have a lot of similar pain.

Any help would be great. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2008, 04:53 PM   #2
    maggietaz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

maggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB User
    Re: Peroneal Tendon Subluxation..Both ankles!

I had surgery on both ankles. Left one first and then the right one went bad. Tired the boot for a little bit, but since I knew what it was, did the surgery about nine months later. Same recovery etc. Right one (second one) took a little longer, it was summer and hot and I had a lot more swellling.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
    a1234567
    (female)

a1234567 HB User

Thanks for writing back..
    Yeah, I have a feeling I'll need the second one too. Nine months for me would be around May, so that could be another summer spent recovering.. ugh

Old 01-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #4
    cheymissy
    (female)

cheymissy HB User

I too had surgery on the right foot 2/08. I was told I would need one on the other one as well. However, I'm still having problems with my first (right) ankle and am going to see a doctor about it tomorrow. I'm wondering if there is scar tissue that's causing the problem? I still never regained full range of motion. Do you still have remaining pain or does your ankle feel fully healed?

Old 01-08-2009, 02:51 PM   #5
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

If you never regained full range of motion, and in particular if the "edges" of your range are painful, you could definitely have some scar tissue. I had that after repeated sprains, and Emmie had it after peroneal tendon repair. Check out anterolateral impingement syndrome.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:59 AM   #6
    a1234567
    (female)

a1234567 HB User

I had surgery on my right foot this past july and i still do have pain there. i get it mostly by the achilles tendon which was stretched during the surgery, but also a bit on the side by the peroneals, especially after walking a lot or sitting in a weird position.. They told me a minimum of three months of pain. I go back to the doctor next week.

Closed Thread