It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

2nd PTTD Surgery Behind me...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2008, 08:14 AM   #1
kristim06
(female)

kristim06 HB User
2nd PTTD Surgery Behind me...

Good Morning Everyone!!

I am exactly 1 week post op from my 2nd PTTD Surgery (had the first one in Jan. 2008). I am feeling great, I am not sure if it is because I knew what to expect or this one is just better in general. My surgeon said it was scary how alike both tendons were when he went in to fix them at their seperate times. I had the same exact surgery on both feet done. FDL tendon Transfer, sliding osteotomy (one large pin in the back of my heel) and achilles lengthening. I am still in a surgical boot which is kind of a pain but I am in less pain and only need pain meds at night right now. I am back to work for the first time since the surgery. the only downside is I travel into Boston everyday via commuter rail and it is about a 45 minute train ride and then a 2 block walk aka cructh to the office. which was not too bad this morning. I have a handicap pass which is great and I have great parking at the station. I can't wait to be in the boot or at least out of this huge surgical splint. I think I am going to take pictures this time around since I did not last time, but now I have matching scars on both feet and legs hahaha. I Get the other cast 2 days before christmas what a gift huh? I hope every is doing well and ready for the holidays. Let me know how everyone else is doing! I will let you know how the first day back went for me and posted on the progress of my healing in general.

best wishes,

Kristin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2008, 08:25 AM   #2
smile2006
(female)

smile2006 HB User
Re: 2nd PTTD Surgery Behind me...

Congrats on round two. Sounds like things are going well for you. I also went back to work quickly after surgery and had to crutch around campus. I know exactly where your at relative to the challenges of your commute. That must be very tough. Hang in there! best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #3
hurts2walk
(female)

hurts2walk HB User

Thanks for the post. I am looking at a second surgery (on other foot) also. How has it been crutching around for your post surgery foot? Any extra discomfort? I have been worried about that for me. I am not 100% on my post surgery foot yet (at 3.5 months right now) so it will be a while but I can't imagine putting all the stress on that "new" foot! Good idea about the pictures. I took some "before" pics but I have not taken the "after" yet. Applause to you for getting back to work so soon!

Old 12-16-2008, 06:54 PM   #4
kristim06
(female)

kristim06 HB User

To be honest I was nervous about my first foot having issues but so far so good. Trust me once you are about a year post op you will think a little differently. I can't wait till next week to see my 2nd new foot one week from today. I will keep you posted on the healing hopefully it will make you feel a little bit better about getting the 2nd one done.

Closed Thread