It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

Feet and Ankle pain - advice needed please!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
smeebee
(female)

smeebee HB User
Feet and Ankle pain - advice needed please!

Hi

I am a 40 year old female who is experiencing feet and ankle pain and not really sure which way to turn for help. It started a few years ago with minimal pain on getting out of bed in the morning - after a few steps it went away (the same feeling on both feet). I then had a fall when playing badminton and twisted both ankles fairly badly. A friend commented that I started to walk differently after this. Since my initial fall my ankles are really weak and I twist my ankle a lot - when I step down out of the back door, my anke has a habit of just giving way and down I go. This happened again just before Christmas. Anyway........things have got progressively worse this year as I now have a dog and do alot more walking ( I have also put on 10lbs). When I stand I feel like both feet are collapsing inward causing strain on my ankles. My shoes always wear heavily on the inner edge so I am thinking that I have over pronated feet. I also have very hard skin on the inner part of my feet. The pain is getting worse and is effecting my ankles and now my knees. Any advise please?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Feet and Ankle pain - advice needed please!

I'd go see an ortho who specializes in feet. Don't know how you go about finding one in England though!

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
Moipone (08-26-2011)
Old 01-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
AnnD
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Go to a orthopedic doctor. Sounds very painful...good luck.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:07 PM   #4
lovelyladi
(female)

lovelyladi HB User

Please see a GOOD orthopedist who specializes in feet and ankles asap. These things can progress down hill quickly.

Shelly

Old 01-21-2009, 12:37 AM   #5
klbs1961
(female)

klbs1961 HB User

Please go see either a DPM or a MD as soon as possible. You would be surprised just how fast things in the foot/ankle can progress. We are here with answers and life experience if you need us!

Kathy

Old 01-21-2009, 01:37 PM   #6
ETANA
(female)

ETANA HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeebee View Post
Hi

I am a 40 year old female who is experiencing feet and ankle pain and not really sure which way to turn for help. It started a few years ago with minimal pain on getting out of bed in the morning - after a few steps it went away (the same feeling on both feet). I then had a fall when playing badminton and twisted both ankles fairly badly. A friend commented that I started to walk differently after this. Since my initial fall my ankles are really weak and I twist my ankle a lot - when I step down out of the back door, my anke has a habit of just giving way and down I go. This happened again just before Christmas. Anyway........things have got progressively worse this year as I now have a dog and do alot more walking ( I have also put on 10lbs). When I stand I feel like both feet are collapsing inward causing strain on my ankles. My shoes always wear heavily on the inner edge so I am thinking that I have over pronated feet. I also have very hard skin on the inner part of my feet. The pain is getting worse and is effecting my ankles and now my knees. Any advise please?
I'm surprised you haven't seen a podiatrist or foot surgeon. I was able to wear orthotics made for my foot for 12-15 years before needing surgery. You don't know, maybe all you need is custom-made orthotics... But the longer you dont' get treated, the sooner you'll need surgery

etana

Last edited by ETANA; 01-21-2009 at 01:37 PM.

Closed Thread