It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

A long haul

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2009, 07:13 AM   #1
nannie1234
(female)

nannie1234 HB User
Question A long haul

Hi, i am new to this site. Glad to see there is help and hope.to shorten up a long 5, almost 6 months of healing.i will get to the point.
I fractured both ankles in early 08 and was misdiagnosed until august 08. As a result of walking on the fracures, i stress fractured my left calcaneous, broke 4th metatarsal on left, broke the sesmoids on left, also on right, i fractured 5th metatarsal, bilateral edema,bursitis,tendonitis and retrocalcaneal bursitis severe.finaly this was diagnosed in august by mri and ortho.
Needless to say, i was casted bilateral from august to october. Removed and on the right i could put tennis shoe on but the left i wore a boot and used crutches.
On day 2 of removal, i bent over and broke my calcaneous on the left while in the boot.
Back to ortho where i once again was put in cast for 6 more weeks.after which removed in november late. I started pt in december, after 2 weeks of this i started swelling and the pain on the left ankle and heel was severe. Went back to ortho and he states from a bone standpoint i am healed however, he feels i have rsd. The ct was done and suggested this could be the situation. He referred me to pain management, this doctor refers me to chiropractor for manupulation before any nerve blocks.
After 4 sessions, the pain is better, still unable to walk without cruches, i was put on prednisone for the swelling which now is much better.i am currently not in pt.
My question is this: Does anyone out there know how much longer will it be till i walk? I am without my job until i get rid of cruches and have no paycheck due to this long haul. I am so ready to get out of this house and to get a paycheck.
I have never had anything take so long to heal. Just wondering if i am on the path of healing.
Please let me in on any suggestions. I go back to the orth on wednesday so, wanting to get some ideas.
Thanks,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread