It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

Post surgery mortons neuroma toes on fire

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
Jockjo
(female)

Jockjo HB User
Red face Post surgery mortons neuroma toes on fire

Hi
This is my first time on this but am in so much pain looking for advice/info anything that will help.I'm 29 since I was 20 I have had a burning sensation in my foot particulary between 3rd and 4th toes. Dr's have not taken me seriously until last year think because of my age. I can't walk far or do sport get this really burning sensation between my toes. After ultrasound that revealed nothing, 2 cortosone shots, a MRI that didn't show clearly what it was. I have now went for surgery as my only option. Thats it a week gone by now. Foot seems to be healing ok a bit swollen, toes numb which I expected but I keep getting this burning sensation particularly in 3rd and 4th toe which was the prob in first place. I'm gutted as I now think that it hasn't worked Dr said he did find a neuroma. Is this pain usual has anyone else experienced it after surgery? I never did get the feeling I was walking on a ball or anything just really bad burning sensation whereby I had to stop take off my shoe and rub. Now after surgery is red hot to touch and burning in sane. Please help? What do people think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Post surgery mortons neuroma toes on fire

Well, if you were in the States I'd tell you to go get a second opinion. I don't know how you go about that in Scotland.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:06 AM   #3
Jockjo
(female)

Jockjo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Well, if you were in the States I'd tell you to go get a second opinion. I don't know how you go about that in Scotland.
Cheers yeah I have had a few doctors looking at it. Contacted hospital today regarding burning pain. Waiting on them getting back to me not sure if it normal.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:38 AM   #4
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

No, it's not normal. I had a MN removed and never had that happen.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
skunky93
(female)

skunky93 HB User

I'd like to know how your foot is now. I just had a neuroma removed in Feb and I feel tingles and fire flash through my foot a few times a day. It was very painful in the first few days. There was one night that I woke up crying because the pain was so bad, I thrashed around for hours. Please let me know how you are currently doing. Thank you!!

Old 04-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #6
kelly4004
Veteran
(female)

kelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB User

Hi Jockjo, I had my neuroma removed dec 2009, Please please go to your doctors and ask about RSD you are going through the same thing I did the insane burn. I have RSD caused from Mortons neuroma surgery.It was not diagnosed quick enough and has spread up my entire left leg and into my left hand, right hand, right arm and shoulder. I can no longer bend of flex any of the toes on my left foot and my hip is starting to freeze up now. My doctor kept telling me everything is fine blah blah blah... Not alot of doctors know about or believe in RSD, If they catch it early enough it can possibly be put into remission, I have had several sympathetic nerve blocks and lots of physical therapy, countless meds. Now I have a spinal cord stimulator. I was just diagnosed with RSD in my back now, from the surgery to implant my stimulator, yesterday. Please be quick in asking your doc about this. RSD is a monster!!!!!!! and will invade every aspect of your life and change it forever if you do not get help. I am not trying to scare you but this changed my life and I dont want to see other people where I am now.
google RSD or complex regional pain syndrome its the same thing and talk to your doc. be persistant. goodd luck
kelly

Old 04-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #7
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

I never had the burning after surgery but I will tell you that the recovery period for this procedure is 12-18 MONTHS! I know - a long time. On top of that, it's not linear. In other words, you may be better for a day or two and then in pain. That is normal. Can't believe some of these docs don't give their patients the whole story. Am so glad mine told me what to expect all along the way.

Closed Thread