It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Triple Arthrodesis, updates / hardware

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-13-2009, 05:19 AM   #1
    shelleybutn
    (female)

shelleybutn HB Usershelleybutn HB Usershelleybutn HB Usershelleybutn HB User
    Triple Arthrodesis, updates / hardware

Hi all my TA friends. Just went for my check up / and because I have had a pain over my navicular bone for 3 weeks now. Yup, its the screws! Doc said that if at 1 year, May, it is still bothering me he can take those two screws out. They are big screws and are right at the superficial bump of the navicular bone. (the bump in your arch), He said it was no big deal, go in, local anesthesia, and go out with a gauze pad!

Hope all are doing well with their recoveries.
    Shelley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2009, 06:07 PM   #2
    lovelyladi
    (female)

lovelyladi HB User
    Re: Triple Arthrodesis, updates / hardware

wow, something else to look forward to. good luck

I hope it all goes well for you

I just want to let you know I am doing amazingly better and getting quite independant with my knee walker. Thanks so much for all your support

Hugs,
    Shelly

Old 02-14-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
    scribytoo
    (female)

scribytoo HB User

Shelly,
    That's great! I've been back to work for a month now and have had good and bad days. Mostly good. I think I've been having some pain now and then but realized it has more to do with being on my feet and swelling than anything else. I went out today running around (walking, really) and nearly had no difficulty. A little swelling tonight. So 5.5 months out I'm getting real excited about summer!!
    Linda

Old 02-20-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
    spedteach2002
    (female)

spedteach2002 HB User

Hi everyone,

I have Charcot Marie Tooth disease and have had many surgeries in the past. I have had tendon transfers, fusions, osteotomies, plantar fascia release and others. I have had a total of 15 in all from my knees and down. I am tired of living in pain. I seen a new doctor, who is taking out the hardware from my last surgeries. I have numerous foot problems. For example, my heel that was turned in is now turned too far out so that needs to be fixed, I need my joints fused again, probably a TA, I have a broken bone, hammer toaes, bunions, bone spurs, and my achilles need released. So as you can see I need more surgeries. All these foot problems have caused my hips to be off and my spine to curve. The doctor mentioned using an external fixator, but it looks really scary. I am willing to try anything tho, even amputation. But, I want to exhaust all of my options before I do that. It has been a few years since I had my subtalar and talonavicular joints fused. I never had a triple. What is the recovery time and how long is the hospital stay? If anyone can provide me with advice, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Jen

Old 02-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
    lovelyladi
    (female)

lovelyladi HB User

Your poor thing!!

Well I can tell you about a TA. MY surgery was3 hours under a general. I was in hospital for 3 nights (I am older and needed to learn to transfer, ran a fever etc). The pain was hard but in the hospital we controlled it with oxycontin and some injectable for break through pain (morpine but not sure)

I wass just on oral meds after leaving hospital and was fine. I am 3 mos non weight bearing (6 weeks down, six to go) and use a knee scooter. I will spend a month or 2 in a walking boot.

Good luck with everything

Shelly

Closed Thread