It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Heel pain keeping me awake

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-13-2009, 04:46 AM   #1
    Tagohills
    (female)

Tagohills HB User
    Question Heel pain keeping me awake

Hi - Sorry if this has been previously covered - but this is really starting to bother me! I'm experiencing really nasty pain deep into my heel when lying down - which is really annoying, as I'd expect it when standing on it! It's keeping me awake for hours @ night.
    This is my left foot (I'm naturally right-handed) & sometimes I notice a pain on the lower outside of my knee, which could be a tendon - don't know if that's related... I'm thinking heel spur - but then surely I should be suffering when standing or walking, too?? Any advice?

Thanks in advance... Maybe there's a means of support, a pillow under it that might help??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2009, 05:38 AM   #2
    AnnD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
    Re: Heel pain keeping me awake

Perhaps it is Planters Fascititis on the heel. I need to use ice cubes to relieve the heel pain...I just rest my heel on the bed on a baggie of ice cubes that I wrap in light weight towel. Not sure about the knee...take some tylenol or Ibuprofen for pain and/or prop it up with and extra pillow you might have or a rolled up blanket or something like that.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:01 AM   #3
    Socrriss18
    (female)

Socrriss18 HB User

Also thinking maybe plantar fasciitis. I suffer from it and it can be a pain. Often times, after being on my feet for a long day, once i lay down and put my feet up, the heel starts to throb. Sometimes its been so bad that I dont even want a blanket touching it. The reason it may not bother you while your walking is that then is when the plantar fascia is stretched out and lose. A lot of people notice the first few steps when getting out of bed or after resting are often painful. I'd research it and see what you think.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
    Tagohills
    (female)

Tagohills HB User

Thank You Everyone for Responding - Very kind:

I suspect you are all right. I've so many aches & pains these days, that I'd forgotten that some days getting out of bed & those first few steps can be agonizing, but once mobile, I'm rarely bothered for the rest of the day or think about it, until the pain at night (but not every night, which is strange!) Other things trouble me more during the day - a very pesky shoulder injury which never improves... but that's another post!

So any reliable remedies for preventing the intermittent night pain - not sure why some nights it's bad & others it isn't - should keep a foot diary I suppose!? But I'll do the research now...
    Cheers, Tagohills

Closed Thread