It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Impingement of ATFL with Joint Effusion/Mild Synovitis question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-24-2009, 06:17 AM   #16
    Alycat4434
    (female)

Alycat4434 HB User
    Re: Impingement of ATFL with Joint Effusion/Mild Synovitis question

Quote:
    Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
    CT scan can't see some types of impingement. It does say you have swelling, though.
    I figured that. I am so ready to rip my foot off it hurts a ton today. Did you find that some days the pain was worse than others?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2009, 07:42 AM   #17
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Yes, it definitely came and went. Though usually for me the "cycles" of good and bad were more like a week.

Ice is your friend.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:31 AM   #18
    Alycat4434
    (female)

Alycat4434 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
    Yes, it definitely came and went. Though usually for me the "cycles" of good and bad were more like a week.

Ice is your friend.
    believe it or not ice doesn't help either! Its so odd but I have tried it and all it makes it do is throb as does hot baths, but keeping it raised does help a little... Saw the surgeon today and asked if he had read my films and he said not yet but he sounded irritated, but i refuse to apologize for being pushy this is the 3rd time in less than 2 years i have had significant problems in the same ankle. It also looks like the fracture is in a tunnel he drilled during the last surgery so i am not sure if I should be pursuing that angle as well, any advice would be great.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:31 AM   #19
    Alycat4434
    (female)

Alycat4434 HB User

So a little update. I went to the Drs last Thursday morning and he tried to tell me maybe i need to see the pain clinic and it may just be a nerve issue and not letting on i knew my test results i was like there's no fractures or anything and low and behold there is one in my fibula and at the end of the fibula where he drilled last year, the bone is almost GONE! he tells me ok then cast non weight bearing and crutches for 4 weeks and leaves his fellow to deal with me. Needless to say I know there is much more going on and I now have a 2nd opinion scheduled with Dr. George Theodore at Mass General April 24 the day after the cast is removed. Anyone ever have this kind of issue? I am at a loss as to what to do..

Closed Thread