It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Has anyone here had plantar fasciitis that never went away?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-11-2009, 05:31 AM   #1
    rosebuddy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User
    Has anyone here had plantar fasciitis that never went away?

I was just wondering. I have had it for over a year. I go see my pain mgmt doc today.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
    BeHappy2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
    Re: Has anyone here had plantar fasciitis that never went away?

Yes i have had plantar fasciitis both feet for years, originally confirmed by ultra sound .

Now i have the both ankles swelling and just had xrays that show ankle
    plantar calcaneal spurs bilaterally and calcaneal enthesophytes bilaterally.

My Rheumatologist (for Fibro) ordered the xrays. i have no idea what to do.
    Foot pain and now ankle swelling. Have not found anything to help the plantar fasciitis.

BeHappy2

Old 06-15-2009, 07:56 AM   #3
    Paisley42
    (female)

Paisley42 HB User

I have had plantar fasciitis/fasciosis for 6 1/2 years now. I've tried every means of conservative therapy and also ESWT. The only thing that ever gives me temporary relief is a cortisone injection. I will not have the surgery until I can no longer stand at all! LOL

It's very discouraging, I know.

Good luck to you.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
    kimber687
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB User

I am not sure if you've all tried this, but I have (had?) a mild case of PF and I was told to get the Aircast Airheel and it's worked wonders.

It's about $40 online and I wear it over an athletic sock and it's really helped me with the pain. I know you may have a more extreme case than me but perhaps it's worth a shot!

Old 06-25-2009, 09:05 AM   #5
    desiii
    (female)

desiii HB User

I had PF quite bad about ten years ago. At that time, I got some leg stretches from physio and some orthodics. It went away almost immediately. A life change with less stress after that may have been a factor as well.

It's flared up a bit occasionally, but nothing too bad. Then a month ago I started a new job where I'm on my feet all day, and I am in horrible pain all the time. When I take my shoes off I can barely walk for a while after, and do all I can to stay sitting for the evening. Getting out of bed is the worst. I have to stretch, slowly stand, and then eventually take very small steps while I brace myself against the wall. Horrible. I'm making an appointment with a podiatrist. I'm still using my orthodics, mostly because one has a lift that helps balance my shorter leg. But I think the hardness of them is making things worse, not better.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:36 AM   #6
    badtoe3x
    (female)

badtoe3x HB User

My Doctor has recommended 10x radiation. I am still very sceptical about it and have posted if anyone has had this done, still no answer.

My Doctor removed mine last year and it has grown back. Can't wait to hear if someone else has some helpful information!!

-a

Old 07-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #7
    desiii
    (female)

desiii HB User

I have never heard of radiation for PF. Interesting.

I saw my podiatrist and he said the physiotherapist gave me really bad advice. Stretches are really bad for my feet at this stage as it just aggravates the wounds. So he's got me taping the bottoms of my feet for the next month to see if that will help. It's been a few days and no change so far. But I also have a hard time getting the tape to stay stuck, especially if my feet sweat. Has anyone else tried taping, and if so, did it help?

Old 07-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #8
    cj1986
    (female)

cj1986 HB User

I taped my arch (just a simple wrap around the arch in the midfoot). I didn't have much success with it. as far as the tape coming off, try kinesiology tape. its the brown stretchy material and is self-adhesive.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:36 AM   #9
    Paisley42
    (female)

Paisley42 HB User

I also have never heard of radiation for PF. What I have heard of (and had done) was ESWT (extracorporeal shockwave therapy). It is supposed to have a success rate of 85-90% and involves no invasive surgery. You might want to do a search on it.

Closed Thread