It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Fell off a ladder

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-16-2009, 06:07 AM   #1
    mejanie
    (female)

mejanie HB User
    Fell off a ladder

Hi,
    I'm new to all this and don't really know where to start. I fell of a 15 ft high lad
    der, crushed my heel, broke my foot in 3 places, and messed up my ankle but the Dr. won't tell me how, he just said I'm going to need more surgery. Anyone hav
    e any idea what he means by this or what I might have done?

I had surgery on my calcaneous 4 weeks ago, on plate and 11 screws. Dealing with the depr
    ession has been tough. I am all alone and have no help. Fortunately, it was my left foot I injured so I can drive to my dr...

Any advise would be great
    ly appreciated. Feeling so alone...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2009, 06:14 AM   #2
    triguy450
    Veteran
    (male)

triguy450 HB Usertriguy450 HB User
    Cool Re: Fractured Calcaneous 12

Hi Mejanie,

I'm sorry. Wow, you have more going on here than the rest of us heelies.
    We'll try to help you thru this depression stage. Most important, you need to remain focused, positive and look forward, not back. I now it's tough and I r
    emember being exactly where you are.

The first thing you can do for yourself is start writing down questions for the OS. Ask exactly what he is doing a
    nd WHY. If he tries to brush you off, stop him and say to him, this is my foot and I want to know what you are doing and why. Dont let anyone push you around o
    r brush you off as some OS's do.

Aks questions here. I need to say tho...you need to be more specific. The post you made really doesn't say too much
    except you broke your heel and had surgery. You also messed up your ankle and from what I can guess broke some other bones in your foot? Am I correct?

We'll all be happy to help, but please be more specific. Do you have anyone who can help you? What part of the country are you living in?

We hope t
    o hear fromy ou again and will do what we can to help you.

Ed

Closed Thread