It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Swelling after lateral release?!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2009, 02:10 AM   #1
    absolut0rachel
    (female)

absolut0rachel HB User
    Exclamation Swelling after lateral release?!

How much swelling after a LATERAL RELEASE?!?
    I had a lateral release done in my left knee on October 2nd. And I was in sooooo much pain after, but it eventualy went down, to where I can now walk. I went to my post-op on... the 9th (?) and the doctor said that the swelling on my foot, was just because he had the bandages on really tight, so he took them off, and fitted me for a leg mobilizer. So I have my leg straight for 6 weeks. But my foot is getting more swollen by the day. The last 2 days, it as been so bad that i can not wear socks, and my toes are actually touching. I have never seen a foot so swollen in my life. So I took the brace off about 5 mins ago, and I still have my leg sright, but the swelling is not almost up to my knee. Like,.... 2 inches below my knee, there looks like a bump, and then is swollen, all the way down.

Now, I had seen a video about the surgery, so I asked the doctor what it met by so much swelling, and me hurting so bad, and he said that there is a posibilty of a blood clot in my leg!

I am only 17, so I can not do anytihing on myown, but my mom keeps teling my to keep my leg up. But then she wants me to get up and do chores. So what would be bst for the swelling?? I am confused, and scared that something might be wrong. Please, if you know any info that will help me, please let me know.

PS. This is knee surgery #3 so I am not just thinking that something is wrong because I hurt. The doc said I would be able to walk the week of the surgery, and I can barly lift my leg up by myself. I also have these sharp pains in my leg when I try to sleep at night. I will be kept up for hours, screaming. It feels like my leg is getting pulled off from my knee, and I have pains like my foot is asleep, but a milion times worse! and nothing helps. Putting it up, putting it down, wearing the brace, taking it off, notihing.

I know there is something wrong, but I'm not sure what it is. And my doctor is a very short guy, so I know that going back to im with just questions will not be nice, so I am hoping that somebody out there can help me!!!!

Last edited by Administrator; 10-14-2009 at 11:33 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread