It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• 3 Days out Chevron Akin Not Bad

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-09-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
    2toe
    (female)

2toe HB User
    3 Days out Chevron Akin Not Bad

I am 3 days post op from Chevron Akin Bunionectomy. Feel great. Was sick for 2 days due to pain meds. Little to no pain. I have my feet elevated aove my heart 99% of the time. I just want others to know that I was so fearful of the recovery time, I cancelled my surdery twice.

For boredom I am taking classes (free) on line through Yale University, day trading, reading, rented netflix and can instantly watch movies and TV series on my laptop.

Could be worse

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
    Northwind
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Northwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB User
    Re: 3 Days out Chevron Akin Not Bad

I hope you continue to heal well.

I have heard people say to not get foot surgery unless you can help it. I have been amazed at how pain free my foot has been since I had the big toe joint fused. I am starting to wonder what the big deal was! I hope I can say that in a few months when it is healed.

Good luck to you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Life is too short to wear tight shoes. ~ May you have happy feet in 2017/18.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
    AlicenWonderlan
    (female)

AlicenWonderlan HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2toe View Post
    I am 3 days post op from Chevron Akin Bunionectomy. Feel great. Was sick for 2 days due to pain meds. Little to no pain. I have my feet elevated aove my heart 99% of the time. I just want others to know that I was so fearful of the recovery time, I cancelled my surdery twice.

For boredom I am taking classes (free) on line through Yale University, day trading, reading, rented netflix and can instantly watch movies and TV series on my laptop.

Could be worse

How has it been not being able to bear weight? I'm not sure i could handle that.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #4
    summerluvr
    (female)

summerluvr HB User

thats good you have little pain. I had the same procedure and found the first three days quite painful after that now biggie. But, I am now dealing with a post op infection and the pain is definatly hard to ignore.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:14 AM   #5
    2toe
    (female)

2toe HB User

You wear a special boot. So when you do get up you are bearing weighht on your heal. I use a walker. I ONLLY go to and from the bathroom. I have my foot above my heart 99% of time. On Friday I was my Doctor's 4,999and 5,000th bunionectomy. He told me that I would have no problems if I folllowed his instructions to a tee, So I am

Old 11-10-2009, 08:06 AM   #6
    roydale
    (female)

roydale HB User

2toe, that is so funny, my doc said the same thing. I asked what I could do to have an optimal outcome and he said "do what I tell you to do". Needless to say, I am. I am 18 days post op. I have a video diary on you tube if anyone is interested in seeing my foot. Put roydale1 in the search and it should come up. My doc said NO walking for 4 weeks. I have a knee walker for getting around the house, so far so good.

Closed Thread