It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Big Toe oozing pus and blood mixture not ingrown

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-05-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
    dazhan
    (male)

dazhan HB User
    Big Toe oozing pus and blood mixture not ingrown

A week or so ago, I had a mild pain at the lower part of my big toe nail and could see a darkish color where the Lunula is located (love the internet). I was sitting getting ready to put on my socks when I decided to apply some pressure to see if the pain had gone away. It did but I noticed moisture located at the base of the toe/cuticle. I press harder and a thick pus, similar to a pimple came out. I continued to push and more came out with partially mixed with blood. Not to much though. I seems that the base of the toe is not connected to to the cuticle anymore and it doesn't hurt but the pus has got me worried. Its Friday night now, do I need to go to an emergency room or can I wait til Monday to see my own doctor or should I just have them refer me to a podiatrist?
    And what is it?

Last edited by dazhan; 06-05-2010 at 12:11 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
    kimber687
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB User
    Re: Big Toe oozing pus and blood mixture not ingrown

Not a big deal, just sounds like a cuticle infection. Try soaking your toe a few times a day in warm water with Epsom salt. I had the same exact problem and after soaking it just 4 times it went away.

Good luck!

Old 06-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
    lilredsmom
    (female)

lilredsmom HB Userlilredsmom HB User
    Re: Big Toe oozing pus and blood mixture not ingrown

Daz, Kim is right I just went through this but took a more homeopathic approch but yes keep it clean with soap and water dry well and apply neosporin also soak your foot in a warm solution of Epson Salts and water twice a day. Be sure to keep the affected area dry.

Closed Thread