It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Retrocalcaneal Bursitis/Haglund's Deformity

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
    kristina2013
    (female)

kristina2013 HB User
    Unhappy Retrocalcaneal Bursitis/Haglund's Deformity

I'm a 15 year-old girl and I was diagnosed with retrocalcaneal bursitis in my right foot in October 2009. In December 2009 I had surgery to remove the retrocalcaneal bursa. In surgery they detached my achilles, took out the retrocalcaneal bursa, shaved down a heel spur, and reattached my achilles with a titanium anchor. The surgery and recovery went well. Except in the past month or so I noticed the bump on the back of my heel is still there, although not as large. If I press on it fairly hard, it hurts. It is not as bad as the pain I was going through pre-op, but it is enough to make me worry. I don't know if the other bursa in my heel is inflamed or if I'm developing another heel spur. Take into consideration that I am a competitive dancer and have to wear tight fitting shoes and practice for long hours. I would love and need some insight. Thank you (:

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Trochanteric (Hip) Bursitis Flourish Knee & Hip Problems 21 09-02-2011 06:07 AM
    cortison shot for shoulder bursitis beanstock General Health 4 10-12-2009 11:30 AM
    Haglund's Repair HELP!!! anbmom Foot & Ankle Problems 0 05-08-2008 03:35 PM
    Haglund's deformity/ Heel spurs?? therover5509 Foot & Ankle Problems 0 10-11-2007 07:08 PM
    7 Weeks Post Op Haglund's/achilles tendonitis surgery and still in severe pain!! tanyasparks Foot & Ankle Problems 2 11-08-2006 04:58 PM
    Haglund's deformity Louanne Foot & Ankle Problems 0 11-08-2006 10:06 AM
    haglund's deformity boarderchic Foot & Ankle Problems 4 06-06-2005 10:12 AM
    Haglund's Deformity and Supination sbrewer Foot & Ankle Problems 0 05-30-2005 04:00 PM
    Pump Bump/Haglund's Deformity Patricia Burnam Foot & Ankle Problems 7 10-27-2003 07:12 PM
    Hallux rigidus, haglund's and clawtoes....surgery? jonas Foot & Ankle Problems 5 07-21-2003 10:06 PM

Tags
    bursitis, heel pain, heel spur