It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

Heel pain-what could it be and how can I decrease the pain?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
SilentFeline
(female)

SilentFeline HB User
Heel pain-what could it be and how can I decrease the pain?

Hello everyone! This is my first post on this board. Hopefully I can get some answers or ideas about my issue.

I've worked in retail for over 6 years and am on my feet a lot. For at least the last 2.5 years, I have been experiencing increasingly severe heel pain (at the bottom of my heels) in both feet. I looked up plantar fasciitis and heel spurs, and it doesn't seem like I have either condition. My feet only hurt after I've been walking or standing for 30 minutes or more, although standing seems to aggravate my heels more than walking. I haven't been able to find shoes that work to eliminate the pain, especially since good shoes are so expensive and I'm on a very limited budget as a college student. I've tried Dr. Scholl's heel inserts and superfeet insoles and neither worked well. I want to see a doctor about my feet but unfortunately, I can't afford health insurance and my school's health facilities can't help me with this problem. I just don't know what else to do. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong with my feet or how I can alleviate the pain at minimal cost? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread