It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

Blow to Achilles Tendon

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
wannagrey
(female)

wannagrey HB User
Blow to Achilles Tendon

I was moving card tables and when I picked one up there was a piece of metal sticking out at the hinge. It hit me directly in the achilles tendon on my left leg. It hurt like crazy when I did it but I was around a bunch of people and tried to hold myself together for a time. It has been almost two months since then and I am still having a lot of burning pain, swelling, and it will turn black and blue tinged up the back of the bone on my leg. It is extremely painful to drive and hold the clutch in on my Jeep. I went to the doctor that is filling in for my regular doctor and she said that the only thing that could tell them what was wrong would be an MRI. Instead I opted to wear a boot for a week to see if it got better. After a week in the boot it is still just as painful. It hurts to wear a sock and shoe drives me crazy rubbing on the back. Any ideas what I may have done or how it should be treated? Is an MRI really the only way they could diagnose it?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
james079
Senior Veteran
(male)

james079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB User
Re: Blow to Achilles Tendon

My goodness docs will be doing an MRI for the common cold next, doesn't anyone actually examine a patients anatomy any more. See a PT as soon as you can, the longer this goes on the more chronic and difficult it will become to cure.
James

Old 05-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
noevr
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: Blow to Achilles Tendon

Hi, I've had ach tendon reconstruction and actually an MRI will tell them if there's any damage to the tendon. You could have slight tears, bone spurs or whatever in there. PT may be the next step as well. The boot may have to be worn a lot longer, maybe like 6-8 weeks depending on the damage and what the Dr. says. good luck!

cj

Closed Thread