It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

Update on MRI

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2011, 01:24 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Posts: 777
Missyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB User
Update on MRI

I went back to my ortho doc for the results of the MRI. Did not show anything significant. Showed achielles tendinopathy in both ankles, plantar facitis is both ankles, ortheoarthitis (midfoot) yep - both ankles and a lesion in the talar dome of my right ankle (small). Doctor was concerned about the continued swelling at peroneal tendon of foot I had surgery. Gave me a cortisone shot in the tendon sheath to see if it helps with swelling and pain. If it does not last, he wants to scope it next month. Also got a cortisone shot in the right ankle joint to try to calm down the achiness there.

I asked him about my right foot's falling arch and pain associated with it. I was a little worried because several weeks ago he checked it out and my ankle now rolls in and I have the "two many toes" sign from the back. He said the fall really exacertabed the problem. I was hoping to hold off on surgery there for several years (not realistic, I know). He pressed on the tendon and said with the pain I have there that I will need the surgery much sooner then I think. I was hoping to hold off until I could not do a single toe raise. He explained that this is only one component and that I have to let the pain decide when it is time. If I hold off to long my foot will become rigid and then I will run out of options. I really am not ready to repeat this surgery but I am also tired of both ankles hurting at this point. I feel like I have gotten use to having a certain amount of pain in the last several years and not sure when it will be enough for me to decide to have surgery. Is is when I am really limping bad and continually?

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Missyluke
lightstepper (09-17-2011),roxygirl1 (09-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Update from London London Chap Foot & Ankle Problems 23 12-22-2012 06:12 AM
surgery update calaneal osteotomy + fdl transfer + spring ligerment repair fluffybichon Foot & Ankle Problems 16 07-08-2011 10:47 AM
OCD 5 months post-op update Sparksa Foot & Ankle Problems 7 07-27-2009 03:36 PM
6 Month Post-bunionectomy...Pain, Deformity Back mediamom Foot & Ankle Problems 8 08-07-2004 04:15 PM
Update 16 weeks Post-op Fusion and PT eko Foot & Ankle Problems 4 07-02-2004 09:30 PM
Great toe fusion update. dodgytoe Foot & Ankle Problems 12 03-18-2004 09:44 AM
Frustrating toe injury & what is capsulitis? sealover Foot & Ankle Problems 9 02-09-2004 12:08 PM
4 week bunion post op update HappyMama Foot & Ankle Problems 11 02-04-2004 12:46 PM
2 1/2 weeks post-op... update DoggieMom Foot & Ankle Problems 1 12-31-2003 11:01 AM
Titanium Implant in Big Toe Update Care4U45 Foot & Ankle Problems 5 12-30-2003 07:44 AM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:18 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!