It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Fusion of the accesory navicular bone, calcaneal osteotomy, gastrocnemius recession

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #1
    operationdupied
    (female)

operationdupied HB User
    Question Fusion of the accesory navicular bone, calcaneal osteotomy, gastrocnemius recession

My son is 13 and has mild pain on his foot and wears orthodics. He has flat feet and an accessory navicular bone .

The orthopedict surgeon has recommended the fusion of the accesory navicular bone, a sliding calcaneal osteotomy and a gastrocnemius recession . We are trying to decide what to do .

Has anyonee eperienced any of these surgeries and what was your experience , what was the outcome ? Ist it worth doing it ? Thank you for any help you can provide .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    heel pain after PTTD surgery/subtalar fusion Zoeys Grammy Foot & Ankle Problems 10 09-27-2011 01:21 PM
    Calcaneal Osteotomy kowalik Foot & Ankle Problems 1 08-16-2011 08:45 PM
    Calcaneal osteotomy, modified Brostrom procedure, gastrocnemius slide Lurchy24 Foot & Ankle Problems 2 04-10-2011 08:09 AM
    Accessory Navicular is getting bigger! Help! let me walk Foot & Ankle Problems 3 12-03-2010 10:31 AM
    Twice the charm? Facing mid-fusion/tendon transfer or possible triple arthroedesis lateasha Foot & Ankle Problems 5 06-25-2010 08:54 PM
    Naviculocuneiform joint fusion -- please share your advice & experiences... rosinberfoot Foot & Ankle Problems 8 01-24-2010 06:52 AM
    Another fusion and much more! sorefootsophie Foot & Ankle Problems 6 11-02-2008 05:38 PM
    weird "pulling" on bottom of foot. (7 weeks post big toe fusion) stitcher8 Foot & Ankle Problems 5 10-27-2008 08:19 PM
    Distance Running with an Accessory Navicular Bone JRodxc Foot & Ankle Problems 18 09-18-2008 08:49 PM
    Pain after double calcaneal osteotomy and gastrocnemius recession jubalee79 Foot & Ankle Problems 3 02-04-2007 10:59 AM