It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Reinjured heel?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
    bruisedhurt
    (female)

bruisedhurt HB User
    Reinjured heel?

Long story short, I fell off of a 15 foot ledge in 2006 when I was 18. I fractured my calcaneus, my hip and pelvis. My calcaneus (heel) being the worst of it all. I healed relatively quickly considering the circumstances, and was allowed to partially weight bare after 3 1/2 months. I was lucky to have a great surgeon. Now I have some plates and screws and I still have some pain when I walk too much, or walk on uneven ground but I'll probably deal with that for the rest of my life. I'm used to it.

Anyway, I'm 24 now and married. My husband and I were playing around and he jumped on my back forgetting about the heel problems I had. I felt my heel give out and the most excruciating pain just shot up my leg. Since then, I haven't had pain like that, but my foot feels like it did right after I got used to walking again and I'm so scared. I don't want to go to the doctor, because I don't want to look stupid if it's nothing. I don't know. It's been getting swollen and there is pain on the under side of my foot that moves around depending on how I'm walking or sitting. it's also extremely swollen around my scar.

Has anyone else hurt their foot again after surgery? And if so, what did you do to deal with the pain? Was the injury more serious because of your past fracture? I'm frightened that it's hardware issues, I don't have the money for another surgery. I'm sorry everyone, I'm just freaking myself out!

Last edited by bruisedhurt; 09-14-2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Edited to clarify original statement.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2012, 11:54 PM   #2
    Hollywood48
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User
    Re: Reinjured heel?

Hi! I'm sorry you've hurt your foot again. I have actually re-injured my ankle after surgery. So it's not my heel, but I did re-injure my ankle a few times after my surgery and had to have surgery again this past Feb. sorry don't mean to scare you and again, different part of the body, but just honestly answering with my 2 cents! If your symptoms continue, I would definitely go get it checked out especially since you have hardware. Good luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
    calcaneus (heel bone) fractures, foot problems, heel fracture, heel pain, injury