It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Help! Peroneal/tendon issues

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #16
    Hollywood48
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User
    Re: Help! Peroneal/tendon issues

Yay for Monday! That's awesome and really quick! Yes, please update us!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #17
    Lex2727
    (female)

Lex2727 HB User

Definitely will do... I'm really lucky to live in a place that has so many options... Now I have to get all my records from my other doctor... Oh we'll it will be worth it!

Old 03-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #18
    Lex2727
    (female)

Lex2727 HB User

Well just wanted to send a quick update. Monday's appointment was the longest doctors appointment that I have ever had. My new doctor actually suspects that I have injured the peroneal nerve in my leg. Both him and my new PT think I am a very interesting case. Not only have I lost muscle mass in my lower leg I have lost it in my upper leg. Which is leading them to believe that the problem is in my back all along. PT is very tiring....we are trying to stop the drop foot that I have developed and muscle loss. They are still tying to pinpoint the cause of my problem, but at least I have doctors and people trying to figure it out now. Ever since they have been poking a proding the nerves in my leg my back is now killing me.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #19
    PesCav
    Veteran
    (female)

PesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB User

Sounds like you need to see a neurologist. I have a fairly common neuromuscular condition that causes muscle weakness, particularly peroneal muscle/tendons, and foot drop. A neurologist will be able to pin your problem down quickly with nerve conduction tests, etc.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #20
    PesCav
    Veteran
    (female)

PesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB User

I want to add that if you have a neurological condition, you should try orthotics and braces to help with foot drop. Surgery is for when the nerve damage has actually deformed your foot and is last resort. Good luck to you!

Closed Thread

Tags
    ankle, cortisone injection, foot, peroneal tendon