It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• The first thing I would do is...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-11-2013, 02:46 AM   #31
    hida
    (female)

hida HB Userhida HB Userhida HB User
    Re: The first thing I would do is...

Animal - husbands really don't get it. I am in a fair bit of pain today due to swelling and he says lets head out for the day!!!!!!! Don't know how I stopped myself shouting at him.......

Like you I have had very few visitors, lots texts and contact on ********.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #32
    vikkio
    (female)

vikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB User

TamiNicole...... theres a saying ""Someones trash is someone elses' treasure ".... I would just love to get lost n those eleven malls!!!!!!!!!!!! WoW!!!!!!!! so you just being in a cast , does your foot feel supported enough in the boot, or is it wobbly? Because, im not a doctor at all.... but, your the first person I have heard to go straight from surgery into an ossur... so did you ever have an order to have NWB(non weight bearing) for sometime? or was it told to you that your free to go with putting pressure on your foot? im so curious to know, because the pain from my surgery, I didnt even want to breathe , or even look at my foot, less try and walk on it right after surgery... I know everyone heals differently, just curious. OMG!!! your soo strong, you even had your surgery after me, and I have yet to go to a mall.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #33
    vikkio
    (female)

vikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB User

yeah Animal,, so happy for your progress!! YAAY!! no one has visited me either, so many fake promises!! arrghh, i thought i would have pot roasts, salads, "martha Stewart" in the kitchen making me soup".. but ooh noo!!!!! nothing. i sit here like a person on death row waiting for my last meal.. it is now 9:24 pm. but I have to keep hope alive. My hubby will be in the house in about 30min. i just ordered "delivery steak n cheese subs"...smh

Old 04-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #34
    vikkio
    (female)

Animal,u r soo funny!!!!!! I can't believe that really happened,but I so know that it did!! because i know the dreaded "007" mission trips we get involved in during our healing time. you gave me my big chuckle of the day

''ONE DAY I WILL LOOK BACK AT THIS NO PAIN NO GAIN AND LAUGH....right?????? """

Old 04-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #35
    SajMrj
    (female)

SajMrj HB User

I love this lucky for me my friends came by. I had someone here everyday for 3 weeks on top of my husband being off for 6 weeks.

My big hang up was not being able to take care of my daughter she is 21 months now and gotten good at helping mommy.

My husband left and she woke up one day and I had to get her well my crutches wear in the bathroom and wheel chair folded up. I ended up hopping to my crutches and wobbled to her room to crash on her bed and play with her tell hubby got home.

I got to be put back in a shoe Tuesday. Its great we have hit the park beach and the museum this week alone my girl been taking four our naps cause we have been so busy.

I am working on gate issues and not limping anymore.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #36
    hida
    (female)

I have been able to have stand up showers for the last week and since yesterday have ditched the crutches to get up and down the stairs. These are huge milestones for me and I am well on the road to recovery

Old 04-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #37
    PesCav
    Veteran
    (female)

PesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Z4hidap View Post
    I have been able to have stand up showers for the last week and since yesterday have ditched the crutches to get up and down the stairs. These are huge milestones for me and I am well on the road to recovery
    Standing in the shower is no small thing, congratulations!!! I started that about a wee ago myself. Good luck on Monday, what a pregnancy you have had, one for the books!!

The following user gives a hug of support to PesCav:
    hida (04-12-2013)
    Old 04-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #38
    hida
    (female)

Pescav - aren't stand up showers are the best? l have to hold on washbasin to get into the shower and my heel gets sore standing on it without any cushioning. I am hoping that a lot of my ankle and leg swelling will settle down once my baby arrives and also losing the baby weight should accelerate my recovery.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #39
    RuthS
    (female)

RuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB User

Wow! That's amazing! Keep it up!

Old 04-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #40
    RuthS
    (female)

RuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB User

Animal.... That's hilarious! I can just picture the whole ordeal too! One day you will look back and laugh at all this! I honestly feel my life is a combination of Mr. Bean and cirque de soliel (picture taking a NWB shower...) some days!

I put on a shoe and walked a circle around my house yesterday. Putting on a shoe is a loose term , I took a clunky slipper and undid the buckle to the fullest then wedged it on as best I could. Walking ... Also a whole new connotation...I don't think I'll ever walk again without having to put a mortgage worth of quarters in a 'don't swear jar'! Sigh.... It'll take time I know.
    I'm paying the price for it today... Heel is sssooooo painful. I'll try again tomorrow!

Old 04-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #41
    Animal1968
    (female)

Animal1968 HB UserAnimal1968 HB UserAnimal1968 HB UserAnimal1968 HB UserAnimal1968 HB UserAnimal1968 HB User

One thing over here that you have to laugh at else you could cause you to be locked away, is disabled parking!

In uk, you can only get a permit if you disability is permanent, so in supermarket today, parked in normal bay, and crutches at the ready (daughter in tow to push trolley) off we go. We pass a youngest couple parked in disabled bay, and they get out of the car, I cannot distinguish which one is disabled, so we kind of all walk into the shop at the same time, with that the lady looks at her partner and says you didn't display your disabled permit, with that he JOGS back to the car to do it!!!!
    My foot felt like it was splitting open because I had had to walk the entire length of the car park ha ha
    Several ideas of different uses for crutches and orifaces sprung into my mind :-)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #42
    RuthS
    (female)

I love it when you see a car pull into a disabled spot, then the obviously disabled person sits there with car idling, while the other person gets out to shop and returns back to the car. What a waste of a space??? (I've seen this knowing the people involved)

Old 04-14-2013, 05:12 AM   #43
    ddill
    (female)

ddill HB Userddill HB Userddill HB User

Do these people use handicapped permits that belong to someone else?

I was struggling to get out of my car, my husband was getting the knee walker out of the back when a mother and two small children run to their car parked next to me, jump in, she lights up a cigarette and off they go.

Yesterday I went to get groceries and a younger man (35-40?) goes to his car (corvette), slides in and takes down his handicapped sticker.

At the mall an older gentleman parked in handicapped, walked into mall and continued to speed walk around the entire mall. If he can walk the mall why can't he walk the parking lot?

I think these need to be monitored closer in order for the real handicapped to be able to get the spots.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #44
    SajMrj
    (female)

SajMrj HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ddill View Post
    Do these people use handicapped permits that belong to someone else?

I was struggling to get out of my car, my husband was getting the knee walker out of the back when a mother and two small children run to their car parked next to me, jump in, she lights up a cigarette and off they go.

Yesterday I went to get groceries and a younger man (35-40?) goes to his car (corvette), slides in and takes down his handicapped sticker.

At the mall an older gentleman parked in handicapped, walked into mall and continued to speed walk around the entire mall. If he can walk the mall why can't he walk the parking lot?

I think these need to be monitored closer in order for the real handicapped to be able to get the spots.

I am the disabled person who parked in a spot without a sticker hoping not to get a ticket lol. I kept forgetting to ask to get one but boy did I need it.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #45
    IrishAD
    (female)

IrishAD HB UserIrishAD HB UserIrishAD HB UserIrishAD HB UserIrishAD HB UserIrishAD HB User

I just got home from my first trip to the store, we went to Walgreens. I'm PWB with 2 crutches still. I've been home for 10 minutes and I'm still wearing me a** off, it's so much work. I look like a hot mess!! Not torn room the boyfriend was walking like 10 feet in front of me because I'm too slow. He had the nerve to ask if I wanted to go grocery shopping next. He almost gr a crutch to the head. Then I'm crutching along down an asile, and there is a woman stocking she looks at me and asks how I am, and then continues to stock while I try to get by. Then looks at me like I'm annoying her becaus she has to move for a second while I get by. The whole trip lasted about 30 minutes and I'm exhausted.

Closed Thread

Tags
    calcaneal, funny, healing, laughter, recovery