It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• The first thing I would do is...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #46
    hida
    (female)

hida HB Userhida HB Userhida HB User
    Re: The first thing I would do is...

Irish, what a milestone getting out the store. Although you are still relying on your boyfriend, it's the simple things that make you realise that you are getting better.

I was in a wheelchair for a while until I got weightbearing status on both ankles and I got to see life as a disabled person. I was shocked how the public treated me like I was an inconvenience by getting in their way on the street. Like animal I can't get a temporary disabled pass which made it so difficult attending hospital appointments.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #47
    ddill
    (female)

ddill HB Userddill HB Userddill HB User

This experience sure is teaching me how much some people need the handicapped parking while not understanding how others ever got medical notes approving them. Today the rain was pouring down and all spots were full. I waited several minutes for someone to vacate a spot, parked, then watched a teenager run to his car--parked in a handicapped spot! If it wasn't raining I might have asked him about his illness but I'm sure he was only parked there because it was raining. Ugh! Grrrr!

Old 05-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #48
    labradormoma
    (female)

labradormoma HB Userlabradormoma HB Userlabradormoma HB User

I just bought my handicapped placards (yes, I got 2 of them!) today, even though my surgery is June 3. I wanted to get ahead of the game by getting everything in place before the big day. The placards are good for a year from today, so I am wondering what my surgeon has in mind after the 3 months or so that he promises it will take to get back on my feet!

My aunt had rheumatoid arthritis, and I would see her struggle, first on crutches, then in a wheelchair. After watching her suffer, I would NEVER use the placard without cause.

In San Antonio, Texas several years ago, a few the city employees who worked in City Hall would use their grandparents' or parents' handicapped placards to park. One local TV station busted them and embarrassed them by confronting the culprits and asking what their disability was!

Old 05-10-2013, 05:06 AM   #49
    vikkio
    (female)

vikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB User

ur lucky!! my doctor only gave me a paper to get 3 months worth temporary, ad Im not even driving yet, so it expires in 2 months, im going to get another paper for approval for another 3 months on Monday, as i will start driving next week.

Closed Thread

Tags
    calcaneal, funny, healing, laughter, recovery