It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• using arizona brace

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
    countryemma
    (female)

countryemma HB User
    using arizona brace

Hello fellow arizona brace users....I just received mine this past friday and find it VERY painful and hard to get used to. I was told to use it for an hour a day, however I can barely make it an hour, and then I feel like my foot has a set back. I am recovering from a very bad calcaneous fractire and a ST fusion, heading towards PTTD so hopefully this will post pone more surgery for now. Any insights would greatly be appreciated, thankyou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
    l129
    (female)

l129 HB Userl129 HB Userl129 HB User
    Re: using arizona brace

My brace feels like it digs into the bone and would leave a red mark. I actually fold up some tissues and place it over the bony area, then run a strip of athletic tape around my foot to hold it, put on padded socks and then the brace and then the sneakers.
    Cuneiform Osteotomy
    2 bone grafts
    Gastroc Recession
    FDL Tendon Transfer to PTT

Last edited by l129; 06-04-2013 at 09:25 PM. Reason: remove brand name of sneakers

Old 06-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
    mnags
    (female)

mnags HB Usermnags HB Usermnags HB Usermnags HB Usermnags HB Usermnags HB Usermnags HB Usermnags HB User

Someone else recently posted that she used bubble wrap to cushion and prevent rubbing. Put a sock on first then placed the "small bubble" wrap over the areas that rubbed. Good luck with your recoveries!

Old 06-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
    CrystalUK
    (female)

CrystalUK HB UserCrystalUK HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mnags View Post
    Someone else recently posted that she used bubble wrap to cushion and prevent rubbing. Put a sock on first then placed the "small bubble" wrap over the areas that rubbed. Good luck with your recoveries!
    Thats me that posted that
    I didn't have to use it long. Just long enough for the skin to toughen up and stop tearing skin from the pressure points. It really does helped a lot to cushion rubbing points. Nothing to lose, give it a try.
    Good Luck with your brace

The Following User Says Thank You to CrystalUK For This Useful Post:
    mnags (06-05-2013)
    Old 06-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #5
    ginger62
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

Try wearing it as much as you can, then go in for adjustments as necessary. After about 3 weeks in mine I went back and the tech marked my foot with lipstick (mine, not his!). Put my foot in the boot, then looked in the boot for the lipstick mark so he could get the exact spot it was bothering me.
    It definitely takes some getting used to. I cried when I first saw it, but could not have continued working without it.
    Good luck!
    Ginger

Closed Thread