It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

Broken toe left foot 3rd toe

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
bonnie52
(female)

bonnie52 HB User
Broken toe left foot 3rd toe

Friday I was hurrying up the stairs and caught my left foot on the last step and I heard my toe snap. I had toe fusion on 3 toes for severe hammertoes several years ago. Now the toe is swollen, bent to the right and discolored and in pain. Can they do another fusion to keep it straight? I am going to call my Podiatrist tomorrow and see if I can get in to see him and find out my options. I can't wear a shoe either except for a pair that are wide and open. Has anyone ever had a toe fusion that has been broken? Thanks for any help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Broken toe left foot 3rd toe

I sure they can find a way to make it heal properly. I'd see an ortho instead of a pod though - and preferably one who is Foot & Ankle Board certified.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
bonnie52
(female)

bonnie52 HB User
Re: Broken toe left foot 3rd toe

Hi
Thank you for your reply. I was able to get in to my pod who is also a surgeon and x-ray did show a broken toe, for now he taped it to my 4th toe and put me in an ankle boot for at least 3 weeks to see if it will heal. If not would have to discuss toe fusion again, so hoping the boot and tape will help.

Closed Thread