It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

Don't think I can wait two more weeks!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
TamiNicole
(female)

TamiNicole HB UserTamiNicole HB UserTamiNicole HB UserTamiNicole HB UserTamiNicole HB UserTamiNicole HB UserTamiNicole HB UserTamiNicole HB UserTamiNicole HB UserTamiNicole HB User
Angry Don't think I can wait two more weeks!

Well, I think I have officially lost my mind... I can't stand not walking anymore!

I go to the office everyday and get around the house just fine, but I can't wait to be back on my two feet!!! These next two weeks are going to be complete misery as I wait for my appointment on Jan 20 for my six-week x-rays. I wake up every morning and the first thing I think about is "only xx more days..." UGH!!!!!

I don't remember it being this long of a wait last time!

12/12/13, Left foot: Gastroc recession, calcaneal osteotomy, FDL transfer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2014, 04:07 AM   #2
RuthS
(female)

RuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB User
Re: Don't think I can wait two more weeks!

Hi TamiNicole! We did 'round one' together back in the start of 2013!

You CAN do this!!! Hang in there! Seriously you're at the hardest point! I just had to scream it out one day when no one was home, it was SSSOOOo frustrating! I give you so much credit for doing the second foot! (I'm leaving mine until it beyond necessary again.....) (but having a hernia repaired this Monday)

Look how much better your first foot is, it's worth it all in the end!!!

I used to keep a 'prisoner score' of the days on my cast. Every morning when I had a cup of coffee I'd mark off another day. When it came time to have them each removed (surgical cast, then the fiberglass one) the nurse and dr loved it!

Old 01-07-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
loveoysters
(female)

loveoysters HB Userloveoysters HB Userloveoysters HB Userloveoysters HB Userloveoysters HB Userloveoysters HB User

You'll make it!!! You're a warrior! You were amazing to follow on your first surgery, and you'll be back up and out soon..... Hang in there.
LO

Old 01-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #4
TamiNicole
(female)

TamiNicole HB UserTamiNicole HB UserTamiNicole HB UserTamiNicole HB UserTamiNicole HB UserTamiNicole HB UserTamiNicole HB UserTamiNicole HB UserTamiNicole HB UserTamiNicole HB User

Thanks everyone!

I have to keep telling myself that the doctor wanted me to stay off of it for a reason and it will not be worth it if I mess up her great work! (Even though its SOOO tempting to want to take a few steps!!)

My "present" to myself for making it through all of this is a vacation to Mactan Island in the Philippines at the end of the month so I just have to hang in there for a little bit longer.

12/12/13, Left foot: Gastroc recession, calcaneal osteotomy, FDL transfer

Closed Thread