It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

4 weeks, this kind of pain in ankle?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #1
proudgrma
(female)

proudgrma HB Userproudgrma HB Userproudgrma HB Userproudgrma HB User
4 weeks, this kind of pain in ankle?

I'm 4 weeks post PTTD surgery. I am in a Boot after complaining about cast pain last week. This is just as bad. The pain I have is mostly in my inner ankle area, just below the ankle bone, and it hurts like crazy when it is confined in the boot. When I loosen the boot the pain is gone. I assume it is where the tendon transfer was done. Did you have pain in this area? I feel like I'm being a pain in the ---- complaining about this to my surgeon's office. What are your thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2014, 05:59 AM   #2
shawnb03
(male)

shawnb03 HB User
Re: 4 weeks, this kind of pain in ankle?

I can't say much about whats causing your pain. I know that tendons and ligaments take a LOOOOOONG time to heal. So anything that causes them to move or stretch before they are ready, they will let you know very quickly.

Also, don't worry about being a pain in the butt with your doctor. Thats his job. And if you didnt complain and there was something else going on in your ankle, nobody would know because you didn't complain. So keep your doctor informed about your status and complaints.

They will take care of you. Your doctor has to. He or She did the surgery and they have to take responsibility for their work they did on you!!

Keep us updated on your status!!

The following user gives a hug of support to shawnb03:
proudgrma (02-04-2014)
Old 02-04-2014, 10:26 AM   #3
Chairlady
(female)

Chairlady HB UserChairlady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudgrma View Post
I'm 4 weeks post PTTD surgery. I am in a Boot after complaining about cast pain last week. This is just as bad. The pain I have is mostly in my inner ankle area, just below the ankle bone, and it hurts like crazy when it is confined in the boot. When I loosen the boot the pain is gone. I assume it is where the tendon transfer was done. Did you have pain in this area? I feel like I'm being a pain in the ---- complaining about this to my surgeon's office. What are your thoughts?
proudgrma- what type of boot did you go into? the black boot with straps? think its called the cam boot... that's what i am in... if u can make it looser it will help.... i know its cubersome.. sleeping with it and all.. i tried putting a pillow in between my knees. so the boot doesnt hit my other foot . this is cuz i sleep on my side.. did the dr tell you that you can take it off for three reasons? 1- to take a shower.. using a shower chair.. to ice an to do the exercises? when my boot was off i had my daughters or my husband massage the bottom of the foot very gently.. especially by the arch...that brought some relief to me...is your skin showing dryness cuz of the boot/ i had the rub moisturizing cream with alo vera on it.. that was soothing and a relief.. the pain eventually subsides.. i still get pain on bottom of foot if i am standing or walk too much.. i then go onto the recliner and raise it for a long while.. chairlady

Old 02-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #4
proudgrma
(female)

proudgrma HB Userproudgrma HB Userproudgrma HB Userproudgrma HB User

Chair lady, I'll be non weight bearing for another 4 weeks, so no exercising yet. I have the kind of boot you mentioned. I'm not supposed to take the boot off for showering or sleeping, just to loosen it once in awhile if it bothers me.(it bothers me all the time!). I'm wondering specifically about the pain I described and wondered if others have had that, too. Thanks for your encouragement.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #5
Chairlady
(female)

Chairlady HB UserChairlady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudgrma View Post
Chair lady, I'll be non weight bearing for another 4 weeks, so no exercising yet. I have the kind of boot you mentioned. I'm not supposed to take the boot off for showering or sleeping, just to loosen it once in awhile if it bothers me.(it bothers me all the time!). I'm wondering specifically about the pain I described and wondered if others have had that, too. Thanks for your encouragement.
proudgrma.. i did have some pain where u describe and still do.. but it is not severe... like i said when i massage it it helps.. but if u cant take the boot off it is a problem.. this past week for the first time since surgery i took two vicodin pills.. cuz i did have pain where you mentioned. have u taken any pain killers?our protocol is bit diff.. i too was in the boot for 6 1/2 weeks nwb. except for the 3 reason i mentioned.. by the way by excersize i meant only with my toe and ankle circles.. ..but i guess that will be your next step... i know its hard and painful.. but just know every day that passes is one day quicker to feeling better... keeping your foot up and icing it definitive helps.. by the way with what do you ice your foot? i bought something special for knee replacement surgery that works wonders.. its wide enough that it wraps around the whole ankle so it sooths all parts of the ankle. i put a piece of paper towel down under cuz it s so cold. that was helpful for the pain too! hope today is better than yesterday. and tomorrow will be even better then today!! chairlady..

Old 02-04-2014, 04:36 PM   #6
Patches20
(female)

Patches20 HB User

I am still in the cast that was put on the day after surgery. On Friday I get this cast removed, stitches removed and back into another cast. I do not have pain in the ankle area but I do have some pain now on the bottom of my foot near the ball of my foot, mostly by the joint of my second toe. I'm assuming this has something to do with the tendon transfer. It's not excruciating, more annoying and seems to get worse as the day goes on.

Closed Thread