It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

post ankle surgery

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2014, 07:22 PM   #1
beachbummin
(male)

beachbummin HB User
post ankle surgery

So I just recently had Ankle surgery about a week and a half ago to repair the peroneal tendon in my left ankle. I've been on crutches, icing and keeping it elevated the entire time following the post op rules to a T. The pain has begun subsiding until earlier today when I lost my balance reaching for my crutches and my human instincts kicked in and planted my repaired foot that's still in a splint right on the ground and put some of my weight into it. I feel like I just ruined all the progress I made in the past week because I'm feeling this awful pain all over again. Did I do damage to my recovery time or is it just a small step backwards that will be fine in the long run? I just still have the stitches in my foot so I'm worried I screwed something up even more than it is now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2014, 11:05 PM   #2
punkin77
(female)

punkin77 HB Userpunkin77 HB Userpunkin77 HB Userpunkin77 HB Userpunkin77 HB Userpunkin77 HB Userpunkin77 HB Userpunkin77 HB User
Re: post ankle surgery

Almost all of us have done this, during recovery. The instinct when losing balance or falling is to put your foot down. So you should check with your doc but I bet all is fine. As mine said after my foot was placed down, hard: "I did a pretty thorough job in there. My work is stronger than you think!"

The Following User Says Thank You to punkin77 For This Useful Post:
beachbummin (02-04-2014)
Old 02-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #3
ib0924
(female)

ib0924 HB User
Re: post ankle surgery

I did the same! Scary, painful but all in all just fine. Hang in there!

Old 02-05-2014, 02:37 PM   #4
seventh sister
(female)

seventh sister HB User
Wink Re: post ankle surgery

Eeesh! I know it is so scary when you lose your balance, which Im sure happens to a lot of us! I fell once but thankfully onto my laundry basket so I slowly slipped to the ground. It did freak me out! I have smacked it on the walker while getting up outta bed and things like that. I think our bones even when put back together with screws and bolts are pretty strong. Maybe youre so sore because it does hurt to touch the ground when its been up like that. After my second surgery and I was able to put weight on it man, does that hurt.

Closed Thread