It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

Haglund's Deformity

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2014, 01:18 PM   #1
Leanie
(female)

Leanie HB User
Haglund's Deformity

I was diagnosed with it a year and a half ago in BOTH feet. Found out I have extremely high arches. At first I had to wear a splint at night for awhile, that did help sometimes. I had to do the stretches to loosen my tendon up cause it was so tight and use ice and motrin. I got custom orthotics and got the right shoes for my feet. Fast forward to today and I am right back where I was before. The pain has never completely gone away but has been getting worse for the past month like it use to be. The splint no longer works for me. I am so sick of this. I work for a dog groomer so I am on my feet alot sometimes. It hurts when I wake up and take my first few steps of the morning to where I can't hardly walk. There's a burning feeling in the back of my heels to from time to time. My heels hurt on and off and usually around 2pm they are hurting much worse. By the time I get home I can hardly walk at all and have to lay around the rest of the night icing my heels, which doesn't help much. She told me I had a big calf muscles and I always need to stretch before I get out of the bed in the mornings. Does anybody have this in both feet? I'm thinking eventually I will have to have surgery?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2014, 07:49 AM   #2
1168phil
(male)

1168phil HB User
Re: Haglund's Deformity

I may not be the most helpful, as I haven't been officially diagnosed, but I too suffered from the same symptoms in both heels. I was a skateboarder for about 8 years (jumping off tall things regularly) before exploding my left ankle then needed my right one reconstructed after 4 years of high level basketball leagues. Somewhere along the line I developed a lump in the back of each heel that used to be hyper sensitive to the touch. Some days I couldn't walk. Due to my reconstruction I've been off my feet for almost 2 years and I still have the lumps but the pain is almost nonexistent. I had to take a weeks vacation before just to rest and it would have me feeling great for months. My understanding is that it's tough to find a doc who will treat this surgically as it tends to get better with other treatments. Try to really rest up for a week or so if possible, it would help me greatly

Old 02-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #3
Leanie
(female)

Leanie HB User
Re: Haglund's Deformity

Thank you for responding. I never did anything that would've hurt my ankles to cause this. I do believe what caused haglunds deformity was wearing the wrong shoes years ago. That's when I first noticed my heels were starting to get sore. I have actually had HD for 3 years now. It got to the point it was so bad I had to see a doctor. I see my doctor Tuesday (march 4th) not sure what she'll try next.

Closed Thread