It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• overlapping toe

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-24-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
    ladyj543
    (female)

ladyj543 HB User
    Red face overlapping toe

My little toe over laps my other toes and the toe next to it now has a weird lump on it. I am thinking of getting a op to fix it all. I am very self conscious about them and I can not show my feet in public. I am young and lots of people notice them when I do have them out. is there any advice you would give me? and would I do it with N.H.S? HELP

Last edited by mod85; 06-24-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2014, 10:23 AM   #2
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
    Re: overlapping toe

Hi, if you are self conscious about it then I think you should discuss it with your parents, but definately get it done while you are young.. As I do not live in England, I do not know if your health service will cover the operation unless your toe is causing you physical distress they may consider it cosmetic surgery and not cover it In either case it is not usually a complicated procedure so it would be good to consult with a foot surgeon and get the details. Good luck

The following user gives a hug of support to lenvegas:
    ladyj543 (07-09-2014)
    The Following User Says Thank You to lenvegas For This Useful Post:
    ladyj543 (07-09-2014)
    Old 06-24-2014, 10:44 AM   #3
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

My second toe on both feet overlap the third one.
    Cause in my case wearing pointed toe shoes in my youth.
    I have lived with them like this for many years, I'm now retired and no one has ever mentioned them.
    If you feel so conscious of them then seek medical advice but being English myself I have a strong idea that this procedure will come under cosmetic surgery and could be expensive,

Solofelix.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:55 AM   #4
    ladyj543
    (female)

ladyj543 HB User

thanks I have told my mum and in the holidays we are going to see a doctor.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:05 AM   #5
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Your toes may be affected by arthritis, and I would recommend getting some xrays and blood tests to check for especially rheumatoid arthritis. (anti-CCP and RA factor, plus sed rate, CRP.) The bump on your toe may be an arthritic nodule. If you have arthritis, you need to know, so it can be treated appropriately. That will also help any surgery to correct it be covered by insurance if it is associated with a disease process.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:37 PM   #6
    mattsupra
    (male)

mattsupra HB User

Hey, did you find any more info about correcting your toes? I have the exact same thing, on both feet, and I am based in the UK also. Would be so helpful if you could share any info you have discovered about getting them corrected. Mine don't cause any pain, but like you, I can't stand the way they look. My gf is always at me about trying to get them fixed!

Closed Thread