It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Calcaneus Fracture

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
    Kel94
    (female)

Kel94 HB User
    Calcaneus Fracture

Hi,
    On July 8, I was diagnosed with a non-displaced calcaneus fracture on my left foot. (had to jump in the shallow end of a pool to help my son) No joints or other parts of my foot are affected. The doctor gave me the feeling that is a "minor" fracture as he thinks I will be able to be playing tennis at the middle to end of September. I have been in boot, NWB. This week have gotten the ok from my doctor to begin weight bearing in the boot with crutches. My question is - how much soreness is expected? How much walking should I be doing? I am sore on the heel where the fracture is, but nowhere else. Is this normal? Thanks for your thoughts!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2014, 07:04 AM   #2
    Suze81
    (female)

Suze81 HB User
    Re: Calcaneus Fracture

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kel94 View Post
    Hi,
    On July 8, I was diagnosed with a non-displaced calcaneus fracture on my left foot. (had to jump in the shallow end of a pool to help my son) No joints or other parts of my foot are affected. The doctor gave me the feeling that is a "minor" fracture as he thinks I will be able to be playing tennis at the middle to end of September. I have been in boot, NWB. This week have gotten the ok from my doctor to begin weight bearing in the boot with crutches. My question is - how much soreness is expected? How much walking should I be doing? I am sore on the heel where the fracture is, but nowhere else. Is this normal? Thanks for your thoughts!
    Hi there I started WB In sandals on 4 august. I had my operation on the 1st May and still off work. I am experiencing lots of pain and it's so sore too. I would start gradual around your living room and in the garden. If you get swollen put ice pack on or put in a cool water bowl. Hope this helps x

Old 08-18-2014, 08:33 AM   #3
    GHA11
    (female)

GHA11 HB User
    Re: Calcaneus Fracture

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kel94 View Post
    Hi,
    Your lucky no surgery was needed! Are you getting physical therapy for your heel at all? I was told I would be adding 5-10% of weight a week until I am back to 100% but mine was more serious. I would start off slow weight bearing for short periods of time and build up. Taking Tylenol or Advil for pain and swelling and elevating and icing as much as you can.

The Following User Says Thank You to GHA11 For This Useful Post:
    Suze81 (08-18-2014)
    Closed Thread