It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• pttd surgery 3 months not fussing right

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-19-2014, 08:27 AM   #16
    Justintime44
    Veteran
    (female)

Justintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB User
    Re: pttd surgery 3 months not fussing right

Thank you for your reply. Wee have more in common than I thought. I too have a Vitamin D deficiency and have been taking 1,500 mg of Vitamin D3 for over three months. It has helped increase my level to 34, which is an improvement, thanks in part to my regular doctor. I also take 400mg of calcium to offset the effects.

I thought I was the only one with back pain using my knee scooter. You experiences make me feel better. I truly am not alone! I love the scooter, as the walker has injured my left shoulder. I use the scooter all over my house. Luckily,my house is all in one story. I just use the walker to "hop" down my four stairs to my car. I, too, will need help unloading my scooter when I'm ready. I feel so lucky to work from home for now, but that will need to change sometime in October.

Luckily, my right foot is holding up so far. During this recovery, my right foot flared up with plantar fasciitis, metatarsalitis, and now a lovely ingrown toenail. Well, I think I'd be pretty upset if someone kept hopping and scooting on me. I guess my good foot doesn't want to be forgotten. I hope that your other foot's PTTD and pain stays at bay while you're waiting and managing the pain in the first foot.

Keep up that positive attitude of yours as well. It's good to laugh at ourselves in the midst of our healing. Work is a wonderful distraction for me. I hope that your boss is kind to you and helps provide appropriate accommodations for you along the way. Ask for what you need. Don't further injure yourself or cause more pain. You've worked too hard to let your body heal. I use the words heel and heal too much -- I'm forgetting how to use each one.

Take good care! Watch a funny movie. Eat some ice cream. Keep up that NWB! We can do it!

K

May 2016 - Tarsal Tunnel Release surgery
    July 2014 - Talonavicular Fusion and Achilles Tendon Lengthening, same foot

The Following User Says Thank You to Justintime44 For This Useful Post:
    YogaDancer (09-21-2014)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    healing, pttd