It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Pttd surgery purple foot

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-02-2015, 10:12 PM   #16
    Twinkley Toes
    (female)

Twinkley Toes HB User
    Re: Pttd surgery purple foot

Wow. Thanks for the info talk2. What a lot of procedures and drama. I hope things improve for you more quickly. Things are progressing smoothly for me. So hopefully that will continue.

The Following User Says Thank You to Twinkley Toes For This Useful Post:
    tawk2 (01-05-2015)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2015, 08:21 PM   #17
    Robox58
    (female)

Robox58 HB User
    Re: Pttd surgery purple foot

Hi all, I too had a similar surgery and am going on five weeks post op. My sutures were just removed this past Friday but I still have the pins in my heel for another month. I'm now in a boot after being in casts since the surgery and I'm doing my ROM 3 times a day. After reading many of your posts I'm fearful that my recovery will be more difficult than I thought. I Still have considerable amt of pain and am still taking pain Meds and honestly hope my doc doesn't stop them cuz I don't know what I will do. He said I shouldn't need PT as long as I do the excersises he gives me but not sure I'm comfortable with that seeing what you all have gone through. I knew that it was going to be a long recovery but I wasn't prepared to still be using medical equipment past the three month point. Clearly that won't be the case judging by your experiences. I'm very nervous to start putting weight on my foot mainly because I'm fearful of the possible pain but also because of the tingling numbness I'm still feeling. I don't see a ton of purple but there is some. I was really hoping I would be able to walk come Spring/Summer but now I'm not so sure. It's so nice to have this forum to share our situations and to get feedback!! Thank you!

Closed Thread

Tags
    achilles lengthening, calcaneal osteotomy, tendon transfer