It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Hoping It's My Gallbladder

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-11-2015, 06:45 AM   #1
    JakeLeft
    (male)

JakeLeft HB User
    Hoping It's My Gallbladder

I say hoping because of the history of cancer in my family. Mom, Sister, Brother.

Sister at 55, Brother at 64 both of pancreatic cancer. Mom at 47 from ovarian cancer.

49 Year Old Male

Along about the end of March '15 I noticed when I sat down in a slouching position where I was bent more at my ribs rather than my waist, I would feel a pain under my right rib cage. I could sit up straight and the pain would go away.

At the time I was under a LOT of stress and anxiety from personal issues and was losing weight and not eating well.

I had lost weight from about March until June down from 218 down to 199. After I started going to the doctors in June I started eating better, I have a great appetite, my bowel movements are normal. BUT, I eat and eat and eat now for the past couple of months and no weight gain, not losing but staying around 204.

Along about the middle of May '15 I realized the pain was constant. Just a dull pain just at/below the right rib cage. I also started having muscle aches in my back between my shoulder blades and in my flank muscles in my back on the right side.

Sometimes at night when I would lie on my left side, the pain would seem to be more on the right side instead of the front under my ribs. Again the pain was constant.

Of course I started freaking out because of my family history so I finally went to my Family doc around the middle of June '15 and the tests began.

Sonogram = Normal

Complete blood work = normal

CT Scan with contrast in digestive and vein = normal OTHER than they saw a 9mm nodule in my right lower lung but said to check back in 3 months on that and it wouldn't be causing the pain

HIDA Scan on my gallbladder = normal 90%

Endoscopy with biopsy showed I had gastritis and I tested positive for H Pylori. I was put on the 10 day antibiotic and antacid treatment for that and was told that was more than likely causing the problem. Also had a small hiatal hernia.

After 2 weeks went back to the GI Doc with same symptoms and also during that past week I had started feeling discomfort in the pit of my stomach below my breastbone and at times felt nauseous.

Of note: Throughout all of this I've never thrown up, no acid reflux

Since I still had the same symptoms and others now the GI doc ordered another Endoscopy with biopsy. Results were no more H Pylori and gastritis was better.

During the 2nd endoscopy visit I had complete blood work again along with the test for my pancreas and liver enzymes which were normal.

In the past week or so I feel as though I have minor pain under my left rib cage now, not near like it is on the right.. Yesterday I was very busy and didn't have time to eat after a snack bar at breakfast and by the afternoon I was having pains on the right upper quadrant, right side and some on the left upper quadrant but not bad there. Even feels like in my belly just above and to the right of my belly button.

I was sent to a surgeon to talk about gallbladder removal and am scheduled next week to have it removed.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these same pains with inconclusiveness results? The surgeon mentioned that some of my symptoms were typical of gallbladder disease but the things like sitting in a slouched position and being able to sit up straight to ease the pain wasn't typical of gallbladder problems and also hurting ALL the time and not just after I ate.

One weird thing is that sometimes after a big meal especially in the evenings the pain would even ease off some but would be right back in the morning.

The pit of the stomach pain/discomfort seems to be affected after eating sometimes but then sometimes not.

Thoughts Please???????

Thanks
    Jake

Last edited by JakeLeft; 09-11-2015 at 07:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2015, 07:04 AM   #2
    rainbowsrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB User
    Re: Hoping It's My Gallbladder

Having recently suffered Gastritis and Duodenitis myself and also having my gallbladder removed about 5 years ago I tend to think you're problems are possibly due to the Gastritis
    If so you would need a proton pump inhibitor medication until you're healed
    Sometimes medication to move the stomach contents along are given too

Also there a self help tips
    Keep a food diary to find out your triggers
    Wear loose clothes
    Avoid bending down or lying flat
    Smaller meals and none within 3 hours of bedtime
    Lose weight if appropriate

Last edited by rainbowsrock; 09-11-2015 at 07:05 AM. Reason: adding info

Old 09-11-2015, 06:31 PM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Hoping It's My Gallbladder

I don't know about all the rest but someone lied to you about a 90% EF on the HIDA being normal. It is not. It is abnormal and means you should have it out. It's spewing way too much bile into your digestive system. Normal is between 35% and 75%. Sorry you've had such stupid doctors.

Closed Thread

Tags
    gallbladder, gallbladder pain on right and left side